• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

When will we see data only plans for phones?

bob60626

Android Enthusiast
Jan 27, 2012
Chicago
I don't talk on the phone much, but still need more than I've found voip can do. That said, there are a bunch of phones that would make great secondary devices/mini tablets and there are people who are happy with voip. Some people have reported using international devices on AT&T tablet plans but that's not a certainty.

When do you think we will start seeing straight forward data only plans for phones in the USA? Do European carriers allow this already?

I don't talk on the phone much, but still need more than I've found voip can do. That said, there are a bunch of phones that would make great secondary devices/mini tablets and there are people who are happy with voip. Some people have reported using international devices on AT&T tablet plans but that's not a certainty.

When do you think we will start seeing straight forward data only plans for phones in the USA? Do European carriers allow this already?

While they tell you not to do it (and you shouldn't) most broadband Simcards (with only data on them) can be put into mobile phones instead of a broadband Dongle in which they advise you to use it with. In the UK at least.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones