• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Where are Go Launcher wallpapers stored?

Greetings asiangolfer,

My interests were peaked after a simple search did not provide the answer. The way I've found to get them might be a little drawn out, but it worked for me.

First I use root explorer. I don't know if other programs will let you do the same things that it does, so you may have to try a few different ones if you don't want to buy the app. Anywho...

1. First navigate to the /data/app folder on your SD card.

2. Locate the particular theme that you want to get the wallpaper from.

3. Select the theme. On my setup, package installer pops up a window and asks what to do..install,view or cancel. Click view

4. Select the res folder

5. select the drawable-hdpi folder

6. Find the default_wallpaper.png

7. Long press on it and the option to extract comes up. Select extract and the file is moved to the extracted folder on my SD card.

8. From there set wallpaper with your app of choice.

9. If you plan on extracting more than one file. You have to rename the files in your extracted folder or else they will over write one another.

Like I said, this way is a little drawn out. I don't know if there is a easier way or not.

Hope this helps

Upvote 0
Greetings asiangolfer,

My interests were peaked after a simple search did not provide the answer. The way I've found to get them might be a little drawn out, but it worked for me.

First I use root explorer. I don't know if other programs will let you do the same things that it does, so you may have to try a few different ones if you don't want to buy the app. Anywho...

1. First navigate to the data/app folder on your SD card.

2. Locate the particular theme that you want to get the wallpaper from.

3. Select the theme. On my setup, package installer pops up a window and asks what to do..install,view or cancel. Click view

4. Select the res folder

5. select the drawable-hdpi folder

6. Find the default_wallpaper.png

7. Long press on it and the option to extract comes up. Select extract and the file is moved to the extracted folder on my SD card.

8. From there set wallpaper with your app of choice.

9. If you plan on extracting more than one file. You have to rename the files in your extracted folder or else they will over write one another.

Like I said, this way is a little drawn out. I don't know if there is a easier way or not.

Hope this helps

Hi,

Thanks for your assistance. You already lost me at step one. I don't have a data/app folder. The data folder doesn't contain the Go Theme. Actually, I can't seem to find the theme folders that contain "drawable-hdpi folder". I tried to search(also using root explorer), but it was unsuccessful. I tried to search in the system files, but apparently you can't search in the systems files?? Anyway, I attached a snapshot of my SD card without the "data/app" folder.

Attachments

• 2011-08-18_14-11-03.jpg
    2011-08-18_14-11-03.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 292
Upvote 0
Hi,

Thanks for your assistance. You already lost me at step one. I don't have a data/app folder. The data folder doesn't contain the Go Theme. Actually, I can't seem to find the theme folders that contain "drawable-hdpi folder". I tried to search(also using root explorer), but it was unsuccessful. I tried to search in the system files, but apparently you can't search in the systems files?? Anyway, I attached a snapshot of my SD card without the "data/app" folder.

Sorry, I forgot the slash before data. I meant the root directory data not the data folder in the SD card directory.
:D

In ES explorer, go into the settings and select the home directory setting. Instead of /sdcard/..just make it "/", without the quotes. Make sure you select the root option in settings as well.

Reactions: asiangolfer
Upvote 0
No No
What T.M.M.L meant was
/data/app folder !!!
Not /sdcard/data folder !!

Simpler method

Back up the theme in SD card with ES file explorer .
Connect SD card to computer .
Extract the apk file with winrar .
Navigate to /res/drawable-hdpi
Most probably you will find wallpapers there

Thank you for your clear and concise instructions, worked for me!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones