• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Where are the contacts on the SD card?

D

digitalxni

Hey guys,

My desire is pretty much screwed and reboots whenever it feels like it. I'm trying to move my contacts to another phone for the time being but they aren't stored on the sim card but I know they are backed up on the SD card. Trouble is the new phone does not have an SD card slot, so I'm trying to view my contacts on the SD card so I can just manually type them in. I've got the SD card plugged into the PC but I can't seem to find a place where they are stored... Any ideas?

Cheers,

xni

As long as your contacts are saved as 'google contacts' then they should sync to google servers automatically (unless you turned that off). To check go to PC and sign into your gmail account. Look through your contacts, you phone ones should be there. If not you should be able to sync them without having to open the browser in phone, they sync using backround data.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones