• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Where did Denote store its notes?

I used to use the app Denote (by TwoStorks) to keep notes on my Android phone and to sync them with notes on my PC (via Dropbox) It worked pretty well, but Denote seems to have completely disappeared. Does anyone know where Denote stored the notes on the Android phone, or how to export them into something (e.g. txt files) that I can then import into a new app to do the same thing (e.g. SimpleNote)?

Or does anyone know what happened to TwoStorks, or the guys who used to work for it, who might know the answer to this question?

Lesson 1: when selecting a tool like this, make sure that all the data it collects and stores can be exported into a generic form, so that there is a good chance of being able to import it into something else if.when the tool stops working or the guys who developed it disappear.

Thanks - Rowan

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones