• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Where do people buy apps for these phones? (Total newbie question, I know)

jws3

Jun 27, 2010
Where do people obtain or buy all the apps that are supposed to be out for these phones? I did some Google searches & more & am still a bit puzzled. Those of us past 30 and don't spend half our lives on line can get a little puzzled.

What are some good and reliable sources for apps? I can't see wanting more than a few as I view it as a phone & occasional internet tool. A few games, widgets and the like might be good, too.

Thanks.

The Android market is an app on the phone itself that has what you need. You can also go to appbrain.com to see what apps are out there. This website also has a good app list of what's in the market.

P.S. Neewbie questions are fine, we were all newbies at one time or another. :)

One of my kids has an ipod touch & all those apps are from a website. Thought the Incredible/Android was the same. Seems these phones are back ordered a good month or so. Mine should be here in a week or so. Will be returning a Blackberry Bold as the browser is painfully slow & screen too small to see.

Still hoping it bluetooth bonds with a BMW ('08 335), as BMWs are fussy & don't work with all phones.

Upvote 0
One of my kids has an ipod touch & all those apps are from a website. Thought the Incredible/Android was the same. Seems these phones are back ordered a good month or so. Mine should be here in a week or so. Will be returning a Blackberry Bold as the browser is painfully slow & screen too small to see.

Still hoping it bluetooth bonds with a BMW ('08 335), as BMWs are fussy & don't work with all phones.

There are other sites that have Android apps, like Handango for instance. I think Handmark does too. I just haven't looked around much since the market has had what I wanted.

I seem to recall seeing someone in these forums that had an incredible linked up to their BMW bluetooth, but I don't recall for sure.

Enjoy your phone once it arrives!

Upvote 0
Lame excuse. I'm over 40 and spend way less than half my life on the net. But, maybe I'm just a geek.

Those of us past 30 and don't spend half our lives on line can get a little puzzled.

ByTheWay, check out AppBrain. AppBrain has an application that allows you to browse apps on the internet and install them OverTheAir to your phone. You'll have to download AppBrains app from the Android Market first though.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones