• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Where do you keep you Gnex while driving?

Picture from the website... DAMN.. talk about distraction

ProClip_Dash_4_device.jpg-x

:spittake

Upvote 0
I rent cars almost weekly for work and used to keep my Fascinate in the cup holder. BUT... since the power/headphone jacks are on the bottom of the GNEX AND the screen doesn't rotate 180 degrees I'm out of luck there. That and the poor signal strength in remote areas (not to mention the lousy camera) are leading me back to VZW before the end of the week. Too bad... I love ICS and the whole NEXUS concept. Had a N1 and loved it.

Upvote 0
I've go a rectangular cup in the console between seats, and it usually goes in there (upside down for power and audio outputs connection).

For navigation I pull my cupholder out about halfway, set the gnex on it, and secure it with two hairties or rubberbands - would it offend anyone if I call this the ghetto or redneck style?

Eventually I'll get a proper mount... maybe...

Upvote 0

I have this and the only issue I have with it is if you keep your phone in a vertical position, it may fall out of this thing from the bottom. I do have the phone in the holster case that goes with the belt holster.

I have been on some highways near me that make cars rock up and down and my gnexus has fell out of the botton of this holder.

I have to keep the phone in a horizontal position while moving.

Not sure if its a combination of the heater vents blowing warmer air that are near it, but just a FYI for those that want this holder.

Upvote 0
A little off subject, but for those of you with no built-in Bluetooth in your car, I recently got this and LOVE IT. I drive a Camry and there's a hidden power outlet and AUX in plug in the bottom front dash compartment that turns' off and on with the car. I just leave this plugged and it streams my tunes over the car stereo system. Works great with GN. I do not use the phone capabilities.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004KPLS7K/ref=oh_o00_s00_i00_details

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones