1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Where do you keep your "brightness setting"?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by bqknight, Feb 22, 2011.

1. bqknight

bqknight Newbie

So, on my old phones I usually just stuck with auto, but it seems as if the Atrix keeps the brightness too low, for me at least. It just looks a lot better when it's up a bit. Where do you all usually set your brightness for a good balance of quality and battery performance?

Advertisement

2. botasboke

botasboke Newbie

full brightness baby!

3. silentecho13

silentecho13 Member

I just keep it on auto. On my iPhone, I used to keep the brightness fairly low anyway, so the Atrix not being as bright as other phones doesn't even seem to bother me much.

4. MosIncredible

MosIncredible Member

0 lol I've been unplugged since 7 am, it's 9:30 pm now and I'm around 78% I'd guess because it just dropped out of the 80s.

5. jessie1290

jessie1290 Newbie

Auto seemed a little too dim - I bumped it up a little and it looks much better to me - doesn't seem to hurt battery life - I'm at 60% after 14 hours.

6. dsjr2006

dsjr2006 Android Enthusiast

Auto is just right for me

7. Erick161

Erick161 Newbie

auto is fine for me...

8. ranova

ranova Android Enthusiast

leaving brightness to auto actually uses more battery life as it has to use cpu to detect and change the brightness accordingly

9. Jeremy81

Jeremy81 Member

Between 50-60%.

10. 2003vstrom

2003vstrom Android Enthusiast

auto for me is perfect:D

11. bfksc

bfksc Android Expert

In theory that's right, but how much are we talking here...0.1% over 24 hours? It takes VERY little CPU to process a change in brightness and I prefer having my phone adjust the brightness down a bit in low light to save battery as well as up a bit in bright light, which I'm confident in the long run more than offsets the CPU usage to monitor the ambient light sensor.
    ;)

12. mayerr2

mayerr2 Member

Full brightness no auto!!

13. odnerd

odnerd Member

I keep it at 25%. It actually seems the same as 50% was on my Nexus One...

14. iBr0nze

iBr0nze Lurker

wow im getting 7hours batt, unpluged 6:30am n 15% by 2pm with about 1hour of pandora n 2hours of surfing, n i dnt really get the guides for batt saver, i jst want to strip it down to what i need

15. coreymcl

coreymcl Well-Known Member

I agree bumping it up some made a world of difference at least for me.