• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Where does the "Time to Work" notification come from?

I am getting a "Time to work" notification on my Microsoft Band and seemingly random times, when connected to my Galaxy S5. However, it is not in the notification list when I look at the phone so I can't figure out how to turn it off.

Where does this notification come from and how can I turn it off?

Please, no responses about how to configure the notification to work correctly. I ride my bike to work so my time to work is exactly the same every day no matter what the weather, traffic or star alignments are.

do you have google now set up and your work place set as work? if so, after a little while it learns when you normally leave, and may popup a card within google now mentioning the current travel time. In your case it might not be that useful, compared to a person driving in a big city the might want to know based on current traffic.

Upvote 0
As np6s4x indicated, it is likely from Google Now. It checks to see what your work location is set up as in your location settings, and reports on travel time for that.

If you don't want these, go to google now, and press the 3 bars to the left of the search bar at the top, and select customize, then, Everything Else. Change the setting for "continue to get updates about travel time"

Upvote 0
I get this too and I don't work, he he. It started popping up in my notification screen a few weeks ago out of the blue. Mary

if you search for a business on goggle like say Best Buy or McDonald's, shorty after you may may get a card showing travel time to it. Also this works for any place you go to regularly, like right now mine shows a 'time to college' one.

Reactions: jj14x
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones