• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

where does X10 measure up to others?

That's twice today you've cracked me up. :D

I have that effect when you hang around me so often - should be a fly on the wall this weekend when i'm out with the lads catching up - a few of them have X10's and aint seen them in bout 2 years, so gonna do some phone modding/comparing while getting drunk

And there will be LOTS of jokes

Upvote 0
dummyphones are rare these days..., i had to keep my old k790a in backup (and used it often while my icrap 3g was broken)

and ladies and gents
apple have really 4 generation of phones

iphone
iphone 3g
iphone 3gs
iphone 4

(well i don'T know where the difference between 3g and 3gs is beside of "hdd")

Upvote 0
Heh my housemate has an iphone 4 and he has to be the biggest fanboy ever. No joke, something along these lines happens every day, and this is one that happened a few days ago:

Him: Wow, I can do this on my phone! (Turning a picture into a 'pencil' effect)
Me: So can I, in fact, I had an old Sagem that could do that about 7 years ago.
Him: I bet you cant, and theres no way THAT'S true
Me: *downloads app* Here...
Him: They copied Apple.

It infuriates me so much! My phone can do so much more than his apple product as well!

That said, I also get annoyed when people say they hate apple and can't justify it. Apple products are great, including the iphone 4 and I would love one, but I know WHY I would love one!

Upvote 0
It infuriates me so much! My phone can do so much more than his apple product as well!

That said, I also get annoyed when people say they hate apple and can't justify it. Apple products are great, including the iphone 4 and I would love one, but I know WHY I would love one!

Hey - i LOVE apple products, but i hate Apple - all about their control - you have to use it the way they tell you to use it - which is not what i want, i want to be able to do what i want

As for wanting 1 - about 60% of people want an Apple product because its an Apple product, or because they want to follow the crowd (m8 has 1 and he said i should have 1)

just my

Upvote 0
funny you should post this because i wanted to make a similar topic. i sold my 1 month on xperia 2 days ago and got the iphone 4 even though for years i made fun of my friends for the whole iphone hype. but, and this is no troll, iphone 4 is something else. firstly, the annoying xperia features (and keep in mind i returned a new 1 and got another to get rid of them) like dropped calls, phone randomly restarting/turning of, wifi going crazy and much more are just not there. 2. the screen is just wow, i put the same wallpaper on my iphone 4 that i had on xperia and its SO MUCH better. the smoothness for me is the game winner, its just so so so much more smooth.
thats my 2 pennies :D

Reactions: northernale1
Upvote 0
It seems a lot of such issues are down to users running old FW, but if you don't know...

a. you can update your FW
b. actually know how to

...it's no wonder people jump ship from what is a perfectly good phone to a Fisher Price handset. :D

And have you seen said makers of said fisher price handset

taking parts of iOS to the MAC OS X 10.7 ???

and didn't they say not long ago you couldn't use software from a mobile phone to power a PC ????

Hmmmm Jobs'y boy - clarification please

Upvote 0
It seems a lot of such issues are down to users running old FW, but if you don't know...

a. you can update your FW
b. actually know how to

...it's no wonder people jump ship from what is a perfectly good phone to a Fisher Price handset. :D

lol i thought iphone fanboys were bad but atleast their not illogical... i phone 4 is clearly a better phone or it wouldnt be sold out for the last 2 months while craigslist and kijiji are swarmed with xperia x10 for sale ads, and believe me i had to lower the price on my phone from 400 to 300 for it to sell... sad thing is my friend sold his 1 year old 16gb 3gs for 360... like i said in my original post, i'm neither an apple or SE fan, im just some1 who had both phones and apple is MUCH better.
OH and heres some funny information for you. 3 weeks ago when i'd recently gotten the xperia a friend of a friend wanted to get an iphone 4 and i literally forced him into getting an xperia... i saw him last night and the guy was so pissed of cuz he took my advice and got the xperia on a 3 yr contract.. i had to apologize like 5 times lol...
any ways thats all i have to say, enjoy ur 60k screen which will never be updated :D

Upvote 0
i tried both... (iphone 3g and xperia)
both have their + and -

Xperia:has a 4" screen
Apple: has the most popular

Xperia: customization is far better (ease of installing "illegal" apps)
Apple: you NEED to Jailbreak (to be able to try to install same apps)

Xperia: "sexier" look
Apple: better camera (to make movies)

Xperia: you CAN change the Battery without having the phone shipped back to Apple lol
Apple: still more popular

Xperia: can be used a a flash drive (and i used it as a boot for my pc)
Apple: you ABSOLUTELY need iTune (even if jailbroken)

Xperia: customer support is rubish
Apple: good customer support (used it twice)

Xperia: 65k colors screen
Apple: 16m???

Xperia: Single touch "capacitive"
Apple: Multi-touch (^^)

Xperia: "unlimited" memory (can carry as much microSD card as you want)
Apple: Limited to 8, 16, 32 or 64gb

Xperia: now cheap
Apple: like their other product (as expensive as hell)
------------
feel free to add comparisons if you want

Upvote 0
That is one of the least convincing fakes I've seen. I hope whoever forked out the $140 knew what they were buying. :rolleyes:

should be obvious from these 4

3) 3.8 inch QVGA high resolution touch screen

5) Support TV (PAL/NTSC/SECAM)

6) 1.3 Mega pixel high definition dual camera with dual Flash light

21) Weight: 100g

I hope they knew it was fake - otherwise i'd have to ROTFL

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones