• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Where is the Verizon Voice Mail icon on the Pixel XL

LinMcHugh

Nov 20, 2009
I have contacted Google and Verizon and there is no Red Verizon Voice Mail icon for the home screen or in the apps? Google couldn't help me and neither could Verizon who put in a support ticket somewhere. This is really aggravating. So thinking I deleted it, I went and reset the darn phone after spending hours setting up my screens and lo and behold still no red verizon voice mail icon! Could anyone look on their phone and tell me if they have one?

I have contacted Google and Verizon and there is no Red Verizon Voice Mail icon for the home screen or in the apps? Google couldn't help me and neither could Verizon who put in a support ticket somewhere. This is really aggravating. So thinking I deleted it, I went and reset the darn phone after spending hours setting up my screens and lo and behold still no red verizon voice mail icon! Could anyone look on their phone and tell me if they have one?
Download from Google Play and it's Blue on my XL

Upvote 0
I haven't done that in years because I have VISUAL VOICEMAIL where you just hit the visual voice mail indicator. The pixel does not have one of those, seriously I was just wondering if anyone else found this aggravating as I had been on with Support with both Google and Verizon and no there is no indicator. I can surely go back to the old method, but why pay for visual voicemail if I can press an icon that takes me directly to it from the home screen with an INDICATOR on how many I have right there.

Upvote 0
People need an app to call *86 now? I'm so behind the times.
I don't have verizon service, but I think *86 is a way for you to dial into Verizon's voice mailbox service, and retrieve your voicemails. If so, visual voicemail is a little more than that. I use Google Voice Lite for my visual voicemail service, and it basically transcribes the voicemail and sends it to me via text (and/or Email). Plus, it is easier to go to the visual voicemail app and manage your voicemail (choose which one you want to listen to first, and which one you want to delete without listening etc).

Upvote 0
I understand why you want it 100% . Not only is it nice and neat and easy but you can rear your e-mails instead of playing them!!! I want it also

I don't have mine yet but co-worker does. it's integrated in the dialer now. Still spells out the voicemail words but no separate app. he told me he got used to it this way. But i'm like you and want a stand alonw one. but his is visual voicemail in the pixle dialer app under the voicemail tab)obviously). is your not spelling out the words when you go into it?

Upvote 0
The icon top right.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20161027-183747.png
    Screenshot_20161027-183747.png
    264.5 KB · Views: 1,736
Upvote 0
And for the people not knowing about it. Or still dialing #86 or long pressing 1

VVM is the best(only) app Verizon makes. No going through your voicemail's one by one to get to the 5th one down the line. Lets say you have 4 pending voicemail's and you just received and important one. You don't have to go through the other 4 to get to the important 5th one. It also reads them out for you so you can look quick to see if important or not. And you don't have to dial and wait for prompts!!!! You just go in the app and they are all there instantly. And can be read or heard in ANY order you please. Like LinMcHough I can't live without it. I really can't believe some are telling him to dial to get into voicemail(no offense). I haven't done that in ten years. You can also delete and or save in the app. meaning you don't have to listen to all five one by one to delete or save seperatley. You can delete all or some with a single click

Reactions: AZgl1500
Upvote 0
And for the people not knowing about it. Or still dialing #86 or long pressing 1

VVM is the best(only) app Verizon makes. No going through your voicemail's one by one to get to the 5th one down the line. Lets say you have 4 pending voicemail's and you just received and important one. You don't have to go through the other 4 to get to the important 5th one. It also reads them out for you so you can look quick to see if important or not. And you don't have to dial and wait for prompts!!!! You just go in the app and they are all there instantly. And can be read or heard in ANY order you please. Like LinMcHough I can't live without it. I really can't believe some are telling him to dial to get into voicemail(no offense). I haven't done that in ten years. You can also delete and or save in the app. meaning you don't have to listen to all five one by one to delete or save seperatley. You can delete all or some with a single click

But didn't someone in this thread say that Verizon's VVM only works for other VZW customers who call you and leave you messages? If so, that's idiotic. Can someone confirm?

Upvote 0
No not at all. It works with every call from any phone. Landlines, other cell services, anything

One thing they might of meant is you can send a voicemail to another Verizon subscriber without calling them. But that has to be Verizon to Verizon. But works not matter who is calling you

Only bad thing is sometimes doesn't pick up the callers words clear enough. So the writing may be off a little(when reading them). But in that case you just listen to it to see what they really said. but 95% of the time it is dead on reading. Only when somone is speed talking or yelling at a distance or not a clear speaker does it miss some words.

Example. Voice mail reads "i'll be home tonight". The App might think they said "I'll be home to bright"
And you can usually figure them out still.

Reactions: zetroc
Upvote 0

Thank you for your comment. Yes, I haven't done that in about 10 years either. This is a pain in the A**

Upvote 0
That's what you have to do now. That is the VZ visual Voicemail on the Pixel

Same thing just not a separate Icon to go into. The ONLY thing that was better on the standalone app was you would get notifications. On the Pixel you only get the notification up top in notification area(or go into dialer app)

But he has to live with it this way now. My friend said he got used to it pretty quickly (and he used VVM for years prior)

Reactions: zetroc
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones