• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Where to find phone number and carrier info on N4?

billdz

Jan 7, 2013
On every cell phone I have ever owned, the name of the carrier was displayed at the top of the screen, next to the bars showing signal strength. However, my new N4 does not appear to show the carrier name anywhere. I looked at the settings but could not figure out a way even to display my phone number.

Is this intentional or am I missing something?

Thanks,
b

Thanks, I found the info as you suggested under About Phone. Don't really need the carrier name displayed on the home screen, as long as there will be something that shows if it tries to go into roaming.

Great forum!

I'm not sure what the roaming icon looks like, but under settings, wireless & networks, mobile network settings you can turn off data roaming and at least make sure you don't get nailed with absurd roaming charges because facebook keeps syncing.:rolleyes:

and yeah, this place is pretty good.:D

Reactions: billdz
Upvote 0
That I am not sure of, and it may vary depending on your carrier. For me, in the Mobile network settings there is a system select menu with the options for Automatic or Home Only which I presume would prevent me from roaming. I am on VZW though so I'm not sure if it is different on Sprint, AT&T, or other carriers. VZW uses CDMA for voice and this option applies only to the CDMA signal.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones