• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

where's the news on the N1 with AT&T 3g

They don't run new bands though the FCC so they can sell them up in Canada. AT&T is getting 5 Android phones in 2010 as per their own confirmation at CES.

1 Dell, 1 Motorola, and 3 HTC phones with one being exclusive to AT&T.

They are also able to identify my phone on their network as an HTC Nexus One when adding a $30 data plan automatically.

Upvote 0
I'm sorry, I thought you'd pick up the sarcasm.

THE NEXUS ONE IS NEVER, EVER COMING TO AT&T.

ever.
That all depends on how you define "coming". If by "coming" you mean having to sign a contract with AT&T, then you are correct, it's not coming. However, if by "coming" you mean being able to buy a Nexus thru Google that will support AT&T's 3G network, then it is in fact coming. :)

I have no desire to go back to the old way of doing things. As long as I'm a Nexus user, no more contracts for me.:)

Upvote 0
I never thought I was 'coming' to AT&T, I said with AT&T capable 3G, as that's what I need on Telus to use it... not to mentino that I wouldn't even have an Edge network to use, so using the current model from Tmob would yield no data at all aside from wifi. I have high doubts it would be sold by at&t, but google can have the phone made with those 3G bands in place and sell it themselves; has little to nothing to do with AT&T as a company.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones