• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories which extended battery do you have?

do you have a link for the custom cases? i would be interested in that. i had the 2150 in the phone from the get go (my refurb was a replacement for the moto droid and didn't come with a back side, so the verizon rep sent me an extended battery and back side free), and it was really great. i decided to try a 1500 i got off ebay (not bidallies, that one is still in the mail), and it sucks. i just wanted to use the silicone case i had already bought from verizon, and maybe protect the phone a little, but man, the battery is just not enough for my use. i barely make it to the end of the work day, whereas with the 2150, it's true, you can like dare it to drain, and it will not. i'm ready to go back. but i'd still like at least a little protection for the sides of the phone in case i drop it or something.

Ask and you shall recieve

http://androidforums.com/accessories-incredible/102300-htc-2150-dremel-vzw-red-case.html

Reactions: gidget
Upvote 0
Any recommendations when I receive my 2150 from Verizon..Do I put it in and turn off my phone and FULL Charge it or , How would one suggest I do the first charge on the 2150?
That's what I did and would recommend I guess. I've also heard that this is the only way to get a good full charge anyway. Still on my first charge so we'll see how the second goes.

Upvote 0
I have had the HTC 2150mah from Verizon since Friday and have used my phone as normal, I even turned back on all my notifications for apps (Twitter, Facebook, Weatherbug etc) that would drain my battery before... I have yet to drop below 65% in a days use. I normally charge my battery every night... last night I was at 73% and decided not to charge it and see how long I go today without having to plug in... I am at 70% right now. and it's been on for 2.5 hours... I brought my AC charger with me to work just in case.

Best $$ ever spent on a phone accessory

Upvote 0
as i posted earlier, i had a 1500 battery i got off ebay, but it was not an HTC battery, and it was NOT a good battery. (note: maybe don't a) buy your 1500 on ebay from austintexwireless, and b) don't pay under $3 for a battery, because chances are, it's not so good.) on grandmasterb's recommendation, i got the htc 1500 from bidallies on ebay, which is how i know the first one was bad. this one? fantastic. i tried to kill it yesterday, but still ended up with almost 50% power at the end of the day. it's improved with each day's use. and i text a lot, play games, use the nav, take photos, send photos, check fb, watch video...i do a lot of stuff. i've got my mail pushing every 15 minutes, my screen brightness is probably like 75%, and i get hourly weather and fb. i've got tons of widgets. this battery is a very happy little thing. fits perfectly, charges well. me love.

i also need to thank grandmasterb for suggesting the boxwave crystal screen protector, but that's for another thread. :)

still might go back to the 2150 i have, especially once i get my modified case from drpheta this week!

Upvote 0
I have the stock battery. Today was my first full day of use with the incredible and I went twelve hours before I had to charge. And that was with moderate to heavy use. If people are right and they're getting around 24hrs with the 2600, and you use your phone I'd get that. But if you just need a few extra hours of.life get a 1500 or 1750 so you can use a case still. And like the two above me posted I'd get an external charger and HTC 1500mAh from bidallies.

Upvote 0
I bought 2 generic 1500 mah touch pro 2 batteries with a wall charger for $12.00 from hong kong. One of them last a lot longer than the stock battery. The other one is a little longer than the stock battery. Shipping took a week.

Having 3 batteries means I always have a fully charged spare. I broadcast to ustream from some events I go to and the extra battery power will really help.

I would recommend the seller below.

2X BATTERY+USB CHARGER FOR VERIZON HTC TOUCH PRO 2 PRO2 - eBay (item 270594424898 end time Jul-15-10 15:51:35 PDT)

Upvote 0
I have the official HTC 2150 extended battery. Size is extremely manageable, fits better in the hand than the stock. Still fits in belt pouches as well. 10/10.

Ditto here. Like the battery life on it, especially since the handset hasn't left my hands since i got it. Like the extra heft, since the original was so smooth, I felt I would drop it. Now i have hand-holds.
Also heard you should let the battery die completely at the beginning to extend the battery life. Haven't tried that yet, though.

Upvote 0
I received the 2150 from Verizon on Friday (for free, too :p). It's solved all of my issues with battery life. Used to be at 50% a couple hours into the day. I left this AM with 92% charge on my phone. Today, i'm at 14 hrs 22 minutes since I last had it plugged up and I still have 55% charge left.

Definitely recommend. I use a nexus one sleeve for my phone and with the extended battery it still fits just fine.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones