• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Which Phone

techandroid5

Feb 19, 2011
Trying to make a decision on my first android phone. I was a diehard iPhone guy and got tired of limitations of only using apples store so I went to a Blackberry but now I am really wanting an android phone. I am on ATT and switching is not an option because of my wife's love of her iPhone. I was looking at the Atrix, Inspire and Infuse however the Infuse is kind of out on the fact that its buzz has died. I have an upgrade burning a hole in my pocket, so Atrix or Inspire and why?

Trying to make a decision on my first android phone. I was a diehard iPhone guy and got tired of limitations of only using apples store so I went to a Blackberry but now I am really wanting an android phone. I am on ATT and switching is not an option because of my wife's love of her iPhone. I was looking at the Atrix, Inspire and Infuse however the Infuse is kind of out on the fact that its buzz has died. I have an upgrade burning a hole in my pocket, so Atrix or Inspire and why?

The Atrix, barring some crazy first run glitch, is going to be more future proof from a hardware standpoint, but if you are one that likes to tinker, Motorola tries very hard to lock their handsets down and that would be a con for you.

The Inspire is tried and true (Desire HD) and HTC really knows their stuff when it comes to hardware and software so it would be, by no means, a bad choice either, and HTC is much more open to developers and rooters and does not tend to lock their phones down.

I would stay away from Samsung, they have a bad habit of selling a phone and then dropping all support or really dragging their feet if they do give it any.

Either the Atrix or the Inspire would be a great choice and I can promise would make your Blackberry feel totally obsolete (except in the email department, though Android is no slouch) so its basically a matter of personal opinion. I'd say go look at each, play with them in the store and then, buy which ever one grabs you more.

Reactions: techandroid5
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones