• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Which rom for me.

Wise

Feb 22, 2010
Illinois
Ok so here is the problem i am having guys.

I work a 10 hour shift. And i am a power texter. I am currently running Apex 1.3.1.

I have overclock set to 700mhz autokiller set to the max limit. Back light off. Screen timeout after 15 seconds. And every little thing i can think of to increase battery life.

But when i get to work and start texting. My phone is dead half way through my shift. Every day.

I think i might have to do with the fact that i work in a concrete bunker underground. And have like the tiniest amount of service. so my phone takes like 5 min to send a message. Is that whats draining it? And any ideas to increase signal strength

Just want to know. Because my x is just sitting at home now. While i use my razor at work.

Ok so here is the problem i am having guys.

I work a 10 hour shift. And i am a power texter. I am currently running Apex 1.3.1.

I have overclock set to 700mhz autokiller set to the max limit. Back light off. Screen timeout after 15 seconds. And every little thing i can think of to increase battery life.

But when i get to work and start texting. My phone is dead half way through my shift. Every day.

I think i might have to do with the fact that i work in a concrete bunker underground. And have like the tiniest amount of service. so my phone takes like 5 min to send a message. Is that whats draining it? And any ideas to increase signal strength

Just want to know. Because my x is just sitting at home now. While i use my razor at work.
yes that is the reason due to the fact that it's searching for my signal
constantly get and extended battery or a charger

Upvote 0
get widgetsoid for free in the market and use it to turn off your wifi, gps, bluetooth and 3G

http://www.appbrain.com/app/widgetsoid2-x/com.jim2

and apex is a pretty solid rom so i doubt it's anything to do with that.
I would suggest getting Droid X overclocker and running ultra low voltage.

also disable your app killer cos that is probably draining battery killing apps all day long. Just download autostarts and disable apps from starting by themselves so that way your not constantly just killing them

I'm running Fission, overclocked to 1.2GHZ with ultra low voltage, and i keep my gps and wifi turned off mostly. I can text, go online, listen to pandora etc etc just like usual and get 2 days before my battery needs charging. And i just used autostarts to disable apps i don't want running in the background by themselves. and i don't use an autokiller app

oh and in the data settings tell it to only sync social stuff over wifi

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones