1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Which rom for me.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Wise, Feb 5, 2011.

1. Wise

Wise Member

Ok so here is the problem i am having guys.

I work a 10 hour shift. And i am a power texter. I am currently running Apex 1.3.1.

I have overclock set to 700mhz autokiller set to the max limit. Back light off. Screen timeout after 15 seconds. And every little thing i can think of to increase battery life.

But when i get to work and start texting. My phone is dead half way through my shift. Every day.

I think i might have to do with the fact that i work in a concrete bunker underground. And have like the tiniest amount of service. so my phone takes like 5 min to send a message. Is that whats draining it? And any ideas to increase signal strength

Just want to know. Because my x is just sitting at home now. While i use my razor at work.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. jacko1

jacko1 Android Enthusiast

yes that is the reason due to the fact that it's searching for my signal
    constantly get and extended battery or a charger

3. Wise

Wise Member

I cant charge it at work as it is against my privacy policy to have any phone with me. As i work for the govenrment.

It doesnt say searching for service. It just sits in 3g with no bars. And occasionally hops to 1x with 2 bars.

4. davidukfl

davidukfl Newbie

get widgetsoid for free in the market and use it to turn off your wifi, gps, bluetooth and 3G

http://www.appbrain.com/app/widgetsoid2-x/com.jim2

and apex is a pretty solid rom so i doubt it's anything to do with that.
    I would suggest getting Droid X overclocker and running ultra low voltage.

also disable your app killer cos that is probably draining battery killing apps all day long. Just download autostarts and disable apps from starting by themselves so that way your not constantly just killing them

I'm running Fission, overclocked to 1.2GHZ with ultra low voltage, and i keep my gps and wifi turned off mostly. I can text, go online, listen to pandora etc etc just like usual and get 2 days before my battery needs charging. And i just used autostarts to disable apps i don't want running in the background by themselves. and i don't use an autokiller app

oh and in the data settings tell it to only sync social stuff over wifi

5. quickaudi

quickaudi Android Expert

performed a *228 option #2 yet?

might help your phone find a better tower, but I'm guessing that you are probably SOL

Motorola Droid X Forum

The Motorola Droid X release date was July 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, TI OMAP3630 processor, and 1540mAh battery.

July 2010
Release Date
Reviews