• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Which ROM type are you using?

Which type of ROM are you using?

• Sense ROM

Votes: 108 32.8%
  • ASOP ROM

Votes: 129 39.2%
  • MIUI ROM

Votes: 35 10.6%
  • My phone is not rooted

Votes: 57 17.3%

• Total voters
I've been reading through the thread on that rom, and it sounds interesting - might give it a try. I have the links to download all the versions from 1.6 to 2.4 - but I can't find the links for v2.5 or v2.6 - any idea where to find them?

He deletes them when he updates them :( I'm on 2.7.2 right now...if you have a place to upload them, I can shoot 2.5 & 2.6 to you.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the tip on mildwild.. finally took the plunge and rooted this weekend. Installed mildwild as my first rom and it's really cool.

I currently show as having v2.7. I see there is an update to 2.7.2. Just wondered how I apply it? .. should I just wipe the dalvik cache and run the zip from recovery and do I need to rename the zip to update.zip like I did the rom?

Upvote 0
Hi hopefully someone can help me.
I want to flash this rom onto my desire.

[ROM][Cool3D Sense 3.5]31 Dec]Cool3D RunnyMede v6 |BASE 1.22|GSM/CDMA|STOCK|CM7/r2 - xda-developers

I have downloaded the rom and put it on my sd card but whenever i try to flash from sdcard its starts and then comes up with this:

Varifying update package
E:no signaure (1253 files)
E:Verificartion failed

Installation aborted

I have rooted using Unrevolked and have S-off and customer recovery. I have flashed CM7 with no probloms and have been usign this for a while and thought it was time for a change. Not sure what i have missed but any helop would be great.

thanks

Upvote 0
make sure you have met the roms requirements. also you can get that error if the rom is corrupt.
try re-downloading if you have met all the roms requirements

I have noticed that i need to have ext on the sd card. I havent done this but it did mention something about it during the flash process, would it do it automatically?

Also says i need the latest radio, dont know if i do or not.

Upvote 0
You definitely need an ext partition, of the size and type described on the ROM's XDA thread (if by any chance it doesn't say, 1GB ext4 would be a good guess, but best to see what the dev recommends).

It won't do this as part of the flash. You need to do it yourself before flashing, using GParted. See the root memory FAQ for details.

These new Sense ROMs are too big to fit in the phone's storage, so they keep part of the ROM on the ext partition. There is no other way of flashing them.

As for the radio, what have you got currently? We normally recommend leaving the radio alone unless you have problems.

Reactions: Deleted User
Upvote 0
Found the most up to date version of the rom i was trying to install and partitioned my sd card via the recovery menu instead of using the Gparted as i thought this would be quicker.

The rom now loaded but keeps saying that i have no storage space remaining the and phone keeps rebooting to the htc screen. Is this beacuse i didnt do the SD card right? Should i do it again with GParted as told to or is there another problem?

Upvote 0
Found the most up to date version of the rom i was trying to install and partitioned my sd card via the recovery menu instead of using the Gparted as i thought this would be quicker.

The rom now loaded but keeps saying that i have no storage space remaining the and phone keeps rebooting to the htc screen. Is this beacuse i didnt do the SD card right? Should i do it again with GParted as told to or is there another problem?
always use gparted, dont use "quicker" alternatives as frankly youll end up using gparted anyway

Reactions: Deleted User
Upvote 0
Got to say - I'm surprised by the amount of people using Sense based Roms. Each to their own etc, but I couldn't imagine going back now! AOSP all the way!
I haven't tried any MIUI but they didn't appeal to me. But I think one day I will dabble for curiosity. That's the beauty of Nandroid I suppose! :D

I like Teppics ROM.. out the box feel look with more memory (A2SD)

I'm running mildwild currently.. mainly as i hear it's good at battery managment.. it's an oxygen rom.. no idea where I should tick on the poll. :thinking:

Upvote 0
I like Teppics ROM.. out the box feel look with more memory (A2SD)

I'm running mildwild currently.. mainly as i hear it's good at battery managment.. it's an oxygen rom.. no idea where I should tick on the poll. :thinking:

I enjoyed Teppic's whilst I had it. I didn't root to rid myself of Sense but expand my memory so it was the ideal choice.
Then I got itchy feet and went for Redux (due to the great reviews) and loved it. And dGB was the obvious "upgrade" from that with no intentions of moving any time soon. I guess the main reason I'm put off of trying new roms out, I'm just too lazy to swap my hboot lol.

Upvote 0
I tried miui with go launcher just to see what all the other fuss was about. Didnt like it. Didnt like the theming, menus etc...

Yeah, I've seen plenty of videos and screenshots and it just looks a bit too flashy for me. Not appealing to me at all. But I will try it one day just to see it for myself. The battery looks pretty smart development - but I dare say you can obtain something similar from UOT.. I've just never really bothered with it.

Upvote 0
I tried miui with go launcher just to see what all the other fuss was about. Didnt like it. Didnt like the theming, menus etc...

That's what one of the things I love about MIUI. Oh well, it's okay if you're wrong on this. I still respect you. :D:D But yeah, after running oxygen for over a month, I went back to MIUI again yesterday, after sorting out my slow phone. I love MIUI, and it feels good to be back on it.

Upvote 0
Got to say - I'm surprised by the amount of people using Sense based Roms. Each to their own etc, but I couldn't imagine going back now! AOSP all the way!
I haven't tried any MIUI but they didn't appeal to me. But I think one day I will dabble for curiosity. That's the beauty of Nandroid I suppose! :D
I think sense 3.5 ROMs are really nice.

I have android 4.0 with Go launcher now, but I do miss some of the sense modifications, especially the contacts (FB/Twitter integration) and contacts widget. And I think friend stream is better than what anyone else has...

Upvote 0
Pure messenger widget is much better than friendstream, although it costs.

Go launcher's contact widget is as good as the HTC one.
I think its just ICS, it only links with FB and G+ (no twitter, etc) and it doesn't auto-suggest, you have to go through two menus to find the link contact option.

All it really does is place a FB link in profile and copy the picture, but the picture is really low resolution. The GO contact widget looks terrible with the low resolution icons. I think I liked fitting 3 Rows exactly, but GO fits 3 rows + half of the next row, which looks odd to me.

Have you tried the sense 3.5 friendstream? It was a big improvement over previous ones!

I wish the GO message widget just opened the default messaging application when tapping a message, rather than having two interfaces for one job!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones