• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

White Circle Locks GMAPS+CAMERA

m6284505

Jun 19, 2010
ATX
ViperOne M8 4.3.0, Android 5.0.1, HTC Sense 6.0.
I just recently started seeing this problem that makes Google Maps unusable. It has also happened in a few other apps like Snapchat and the stock Camera app.
It used to happen right when I started navigating in GMAPS...I could search for location, see the route but then when I hit Start (or go or whatever, I don't know cause I can't get that far anymore) this white circle appears and it hangs the entire phone. I had to hold down power+vol down and reboot.
Now it happens right after I start GMAPS, every time. It happened last night when I started to take a video of a house with Christmas lights; the screen won't respond to anything but the video still recorded while I was trying to restart it. If I hold the power button to take a screen shot the phone starts Extreme Power Save mode so I think this is the phone glitching like the screen is being touched where the white circle appears, which is right where the Extreme Power Save option is when the menu pops up.
What I just found out, though, is if I hit the power button to turn the screen off I can then turn the screen on, unlock it and then quickly use the recent apps button and then end the camera app (or GMAPS).
I have included a screen shot that shows that white circle. I search on the XDA thread for 'white circle' and didn't get any hits. I searched Google and there are some people in CM that have reported this issue, some people using Pokemon Go reported this issue and some weren't even using an HTC One M8. Some reported the screen thinks it is being touched 10 times a second and if something pops up it just selects it since the phone thinks the screen is being touched.
I don't have PGO installed, I uninstalled GMAP and rebooted and reinstalled and it still happens. Since it is happening in multiple apps I don't think it is app specific and I haven't loaded any Viper mods recently.
Any ideas on what to do?
screenshot_2016-12-25-21-55-59-png.113710

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-12-25-21-55-59.png
    Screenshot_2016-12-25-21-55-59.png
    68.4 KB · Views: 442

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones