1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Support White EVO screen dead spot.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by rangergrrl, Jul 24, 2010.

1. rangergrrl

rangergrrl Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2010
    Network Operations
    Planet Earth
    So I'm on EVO #2 now. #1 failed after what I believe to be an overheating issue when using outside for a couple hours. So today I'm at the Red Bull Flugtag taking pics and video. Its warm(HOT)...after a couple hours I notice that I now have a dead touch spot on my screen. If you were to divide the screen into 4 quadrants...the lower left quadrant is now 100% completely unresponsive to touch. Rebooted, took the battery out, did a hard reset like Sprint advised all to no avail. I'm now on the waiting list again at BB. Anyone else have a similar issue?

Advertisement

2. rangergrrl

rangergrrl Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2010
    Network Operations
    Planet Earth
    Well after a 5 day wait I picked up EVO #3. Battery door is dated 7/10 and I noticed a curious thing...there are no water indicators anymore. Phone was NIB and I opened it. Screen looks a little different than my previous one but this one actually works so no complaints. The dead touch spot on #2 grew steadily over the week until it had engulfed over half the screen.

3. CSchaffer220

CSchaffer220 New Member

Aug 8, 2010
    Locations Agent
    Buffalo NY
    ive just encountered the same issue with my Evo. Ive done everything suggested and i still have a dead spot around the top 1/3 of my screen. its super annoying.

4. CSchaffer220

CSchaffer220 New Member

Aug 8, 2010
    Locations Agent
    Buffalo NY
    I have a dead spot in my touchscreen (top 1/3, about second option on pull down menu).

Does anyone know what causes this? I have tried all troubleshooting to get it to work again, even installed 2.2 and will be taking it back to sprint for Evo #2 tomorrow, but I would like to know how to prevent this from happening again if there is any way to prevent it.

5. Bnice

Bnice Guest

Return it..

6. ekang

ekang Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2010
    Chicago
    nope...cant stop it. all you can do is hope that sprint will give ya a new phone. its like a light bulb going out...theres no way to get that dead bulb shining again.

Tags: