• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help White EVO screen dead spot.

rangergrrl

Jul 6, 2010
Planet Earth
So I'm on EVO #2 now. #1 failed after what I believe to be an overheating issue when using outside for a couple hours. So today I'm at the Red Bull Flugtag taking pics and video. Its warm(HOT)...after a couple hours I notice that I now have a dead touch spot on my screen. If you were to divide the screen into 4 quadrants...the lower left quadrant is now 100% completely unresponsive to touch. Rebooted, took the battery out, did a hard reset like Sprint advised all to no avail. I'm now on the waiting list again at BB. Anyone else have a similar issue?

Well after a 5 day wait I picked up EVO #3. Battery door is dated 7/10 and I noticed a curious thing...there are no water indicators anymore. Phone was NIB and I opened it. Screen looks a little different than my previous one but this one actually works so no complaints. The dead touch spot on #2 grew steadily over the week until it had engulfed over half the screen.

Upvote 0
I have a dead spot in my touchscreen (top 1/3, about second option on pull down menu).

Does anyone know what causes this? I have tried all troubleshooting to get it to work again, even installed 2.2 and will be taking it back to sprint for Evo #2 tomorrow, but I would like to know how to prevent this from happening again if there is any way to prevent it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones