• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Who Has Reserved/Preordered EPIC??

What is your Epic ownership status?

• I have reserved/preordered my Epic.

Votes: 87 77.0%
  • I did not preorder, but I plan to try to purchase ASAP.

Votes: 12 10.6%
  • I am waiting for first hand reviews.

Votes: 7 6.2%
  • I am completely undecided.

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • I'm just an Epic forum troll.

Votes: 6 5.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well being #3, if they get at least 3 phones, I'm set!!! They gonna hate me though, my money is spread across 3 different cards, including the giftcard they give you.

That's not bad and I doubt they'd hate you for it. It's not that hard to use multiple cards for a transaction I imagine. It's not hard for me to do at sears at least.

Upvote 0
I found out that AT&T would charge me $70 per phone to get out of our family contract (rather than $70 total), so we have to wait until Nov. 3rd to get our Epics. :(

On the positive side, the price will likely come down by then (at least a little) and I imagine that any issues folks experience upon release will have been sorted out by Sprint/Samsung. :)

Upvote 0
I found out that AT&T would charge me $70 per phone to get out of our family contract (rather than $70 total), so we have to wait until Nov. 3rd to get our Epics. :(

On the positive side, the price will likely come down by then (at least a little) and I imagine that any issues folks experience upon release will have been sorted out by Sprint/Samsung. :)

Plus by that time Froyo will be on the Epic...yippie...:D

Upvote 0
i reserved at 2 sprint store in chicago, i have friends =), i am on the list at radio shack #1 on the list of 6.

some are going to take this the wrong way, but if you are reserving phones come in to the black neighborhoods, reason why is us as blacks/aa dont reserve. the list in chicago are crazy open. if you go the predominantly white areas the list are long.

I don't understand what you are saying.

I'm waiting for some more hands on reviews. Gonna sign up with Sprint this coming Sat. The Flood of reviews during the week should help my decision. The EVO grabbed my eye, but the specs turned me towards Epic currently.

Upvote 0
I voted "troll" because after the silence regarding the release of the Epic 4G, and pricing out the difference between Sprint and AT&T for my usage, I ended up getting a Captivate at launch. Look forward to seeing how the Epic turns out though.

How is AT&T better for your usage? Are you talking about price or coverage? Working for AT&T none of their pricing is better than Sprints.

Upvote 0
How is AT&T better for your usage? Are you talking about price or coverage? Working for AT&T none of their pricing is better than Sprints.

I never said "better" - but the difference is less than a dollar in price once discounts and surcharges are figured in. The reason for this is because I don't need unlimited messaging, so I have the $39.99 voice plan, 200 messages (which is more than I typically use), and was grandfathered in on the $29.99 unlimited data... total: $65.23... with Sprint I'm looking at $64.59. There may be some nuances in billing I've left out. I'm assuming my AT&T discount applies to my data plan, and that the 4G surcharge does not get the discount on Sprint.

In my case, the AT&T network is a known quantity - I know that for my daily usage, their coverage is great. With Sprint, I wasn't entirely sure of their coverage - I asked around, but everybody seemed to use AT&T, Verizon, or US Cellular (oddly enough - didn't know they were still around, let alone that so many of my coworkers used them!).

I went with AT&T because I could get my phone earlier (I had a major case of gadget lust!), knew what the network would be like, and Sprint was remaining annoyingly tight lipped on details regarding the launch of the Epic. Also, I figured if I needed/wanted an extended battery, I would rather have the slimmer Captivate (9mm) than stack a battery bulge on top of the added thickness from the keyboard with the Epic (14mm)... although frankly, I think either would have been fine. No extended battery in sight anyway, and I seem to get through my day just fine with out one.

Upvote 0
I canceled my Epic preorder after I got a chance to play with the phone in the Sprint store. Not for me at all. Feels and looks like a toy phone to me when compared to the Evo. I played with them both side by side for about 45min. Lots of things I like better about the Evo and lots of things I didn't like at all about the Epic. I expected the opposite when I waked in there. I placed my order online with Sprint for the EVO today.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones