• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Who has went from the One X to the SGS 3?

Vtec

Jul 14, 2010
I would like to hear some thoughts and honest opinions from people who have made the switch. I currently have an AT&T One X but I still have about 10 days left to return it. This is actually the 3rd One X that I have had because the other 2 had issues. Both times I said to myself that I was going to return it and go for the gs3 and both times I ended up grabbing another HOX. The things that turn me away are the touchwiz UI, the general design, and the screen, I really really hate the screen. I am attracted to the sd slot, removable battery, possible better battery life. If anyone can share their experience on this matter with me I would appreciate it.

I would like to hear some thoughts and honest opinions from people who have made the switch. I currently have an AT&T One X but I still have about 10 days left to return it. This is actually the 3rd One X that I have had because the other 2 had issues. Both times I said to myself that I was going to return it and go for the gs3 and both times I ended up grabbing another HOX. The things that turn me away are the touchwiz UI, the general design, and the screen, I really really hate the screen. I am attracted to the sd slot, removable battery, possible better battery life. If anyone can share their experience on this matter with me I would appreciate it.

id get the galxy s3 or the galaxy note 2.
dont bother getting the iphone 5. its gonna be grarb.
and dont get an htc. they always have some kind of ******ed issue.

Upvote 0
If you are stuck between these two phones, I would go with the SGS3.
It's hardware specs are a bit better and it will probably will get JB before the HTC One X.

But if you want a better answer, you need to tell us a little more on how you use your phone.
Do you go out to places where you can't charge your phone for days (some people know this as the outdoors)?
Are you a heavy gamer on your phone?
Do you care about the camera?
Could you live with the flaws of either phone?

Upvote 0

Coming from an HTC Sensation I do miss sense and don't like touch wiz at all. But...all the things I don't like about the s3 like touch wiz are software stufff which I can easily change. The HTC one x not having a removable battery and memory card are hardware stuff which you can't change. You can easliy root the s3 and put any rom you like. If you don't want to root then there are plenty of launchers and other apps to change most of the software things you don't like about the s3.

Upvote 0
Return it. After the iPhone 5 announcement tomorrow, next week HTC will announce a few new flagship devices. Let's not forget right now the S3 is the android poster child. Once the Note 2 is out S3 will be next best to the Note 2 until 2013 when the Galaxy S4 is out and so on.

Not necessarily, the Note 2 and the SGS3 are in different categories. Note 2 comes under "phablets", whereas S3 comes under phones. The S3 will still be the best phone available (unless the iPhone 5 tops it), and Note 2 will be the best phablet available.

Upvote 0
Understand your dilemma ... I was SOLD on the One X ... until I found out that it would NOT have an SD card slot! I have TONS of stuff on my SD card, and no way I'm going to pay a premium for a 32GB phone just so I can move that to the phone filesystem.

Now, I read that that a OneX PLUS is coming out. If IT has an SD card slot, I might consider trading in the SG3, as I have had nothing but problems with it.

Upvote 0
Once again we find ourselves chasing after rainbows. Unless you just feel like waiting, get the best available device at the time. In this case, probably the S3. The One X with no removeable battery or SD Slot is just another iPhone. As for the iPhone, once again I see no major change from the iPhone 4S other than maybe being taller. So what. As good as the iPhone may be (everyone has an opinion), they haven't done anything really innovative in a while, just changed a handful of things here and there. Besides, the thing is to darn small. The ONLY thing that might lure me away from the SGS3 is the Note 2. But as one poster said, it really does depend on how you want to use the phone. Just out of curiosity, what exactly is it about the screen that you hate? That's one of the main reasons I liked it.

Upvote 0
Understand your dilemma ... I was SOLD on the One X ... until I found out that it would NOT have an SD card slot! I have TONS of stuff on my SD card, and no way I'm going to pay a premium for a 32GB phone just so I can move that to the phone filesystem.

Now, I read that that a OneX PLUS is coming out. If IT has an SD card slot, I might consider trading in the SG3, as I have had nothing but problems with it.

From what I've read the One X+ will be a spec bump from the One X. This includes the same casing as the One X. No removable battery or SD card.

Upvote 0

You hate the screen on the GS3? I actually like it very much, the colors are bright and vivid, not too much like past amoled screens, and the ppi on this phone is pretty high so everything is really sharp and clean. The black levels on this phone are amazing and i prefer this screen over the HTC One X screen because amoled fits android much better then a silly 1000:1 contrast ratio. Just the colors on this phone really pop out to me like when i go to the play store, it just looks amazing to me idk its your choice.

Galaxy s3 US version also has a extra gig of ram which you do notice for sure and its always nice to have more ram.

Upvote 0
I had the One x before the S3Battery life one one x was poor
No sd card slot
Camera was nowhere near as good as the S3, macro was awful and focussing was very patchy

Htc sense was nicer than touchwiz
One x felt better in the hand

Overall, I just felt that the S3 was a more sensible choice of the two so I returned it and got the S3.

Upvote 0
From what I've read the One X+ will be a spec bump from the One X. This includes the same casing as the One X. No removable battery or SD card.

I hear you ... and to make matters worse, I read an article that said Google's "plan" is to have NO SD card slots on ANY future phones! Seems to me that's nothing more than ripping us off for a LOT more money by forcing us to pay a huge surcharge to get a phone with a decent amount of file space -- like 32GB.

Upvote 0
I hear you ... and to make matters worse, I read an article that said Google's "plan" is to have NO SD card slots on ANY future phones! Seems to me that's nothing more than ripping us off for a LOT more money by forcing us to pay a huge surcharge to get a phone with a decent amount of file space -- like 32GB.

And since when does Google own Samsung, HTC, LG, Sony etc., to tell them what hardware to use?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones