• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Who Wants Official Froyo Update NOW??

speeder760

Jan 7, 2011
-Well here it is ppl:OFFICIAL Froyo RC2 Update ZIP

Just follow the directions and you'll have official 2.2 update.
No more waiting for OTA update! :).

*NOTE: Read the threads for any reported problems so far. Very little testing have been done with these, i haven't even tried it yet, so there could be problems. This is for the extremely impatient :D

THIS REQUIRES ROOT

If you are not rooted yet than you will need to do the following before applying this:

1.) To root your phone, read here:http://forum.sdx-developers.com/tra...hing-vampirefo-transform-kernel-and-recovery/

And here's a video that you could follow:http://youtu.be/shkOp2Q2AM4

2.)You'll have to apply the recovery found here after you've rooted:http://forum.sdx-developers.com/transform-2-2-development/froyo-11128/. There's other stuff on the thread but the recovery is all you need.

3.) Apply Froyo zip:OFFICIAL Froyo RC2 Update ZIP

-This was some pretty big news so i decided to make a new thread seprate fr the "Shall we begin" thread.
This ones specifically for flashing it manually. (That way we can ask questions and discuss problems about it) :)
-And of course i am not responsible if you brick your phone. Use at your own risk.

Okay. Basically I was able to root successfully.

Then I did the following:

1. After BACKING UP YOUR DATA and REBOOTING your phone, connect your Transform to your computer and enable USB Storage.

2. On the SDCard, create a directory called "sdx" with three sub-folders: "zip", "updates", and "backup".

3. Download the recovery.rfs

4. Downloaded Stock_Froyo_EB28

5. Copy recovery.rfs to the update sub-folder on the sdcard.

6. Copy Stock_Froyo_EB28 to the zip sub-folder on the sdcard.

7. Unmount the USB storage. Turn the phone off. Disconnect the USB cable. Press VOLUME DOWN, VOICE DIAL KEY, and POWER (in that order) and hold them until the phone turns on. The phone should start up and come up in recovery mode. The background will say "Transform E.R". Reconnect the USB cable to conserve power, but you must disconnect it before you can power into recovery.

8. Use the volume down key to select "Backup, Restore, Flash". Press the Menu soft key to select it.

9. Select "Backup both". Press the Menu soft key to select it, then press the Home to confirm. This backup will help if you mess up, or want to return to Android 2.1. It takes about 3 minutes to finish.

10. Now under the same "Backup, Restore, Flash" menu, use the Volume Down key and move to "Flash (recovery.rfs)". Press the Menu key to select and the Home key to confirm. This only takes a minute or so to complete. It tells you to restart the phone afterward.

11. Use the back key to return to the main recovery menu. Select "Reboot options" with the Menu key. Use the Volume Down key to select "Reboot to Recovery" and press Menu to confirm. The phone will immediately restart.

12. Use the Volume Down key and select "Go To Console". Press the menu key to select.

13. Open the keyboard and press the Enter key. Type "rfs" (without the quotes, just the letters r f and s). Press enter. The phone will say some things about formating files. This takes about a minute. It will say "format successful" three times when done.

14. Type "exit" (again, no quotes, just e x i and t). Press enter. Close the keyboard.

15. Use the Volume Down key to select "Apply zip from SD Card". Press Menu soft key to select.

16. Select the "Stock_Froyo_EB28" file. Press the Menu soft key to select and Home soft key to confirm. This takes up to five minutes to complete. It will say a restart is needed, But Don't restart yet.

17. Press the back key and use the menu key to get back to the "Apply zip from SD Card" menu.

19. Use the back key and go to the main recovery menu. Select "Reboot options" with the menu key.

20. Now select "Reboot to System". and wait. This takes up to 5 minutes to load with no sense of time until completion. First you will see an apple disolve into dust then a twirling red android symbol.

Except in Step 20, it when I do Reboot to system, it takes me into recovery every time.

Upvote 0
ok, well it seems like its the stock update thats the problem. if u read the thread, another user posted the same problem of booting into recovery. so now what u could do is flash the other froyo which gives you root acess but it seems that one is havingproblems with data connecting. if u wish to do this let me know and ill give u a quick walk through to make sure u have the right recovery ad stuff. or u could follow step 1 again which will bring for phone back to stock 2.1 but with root and wait till these froyosare more stable.

Upvote 0
ok, well it seems like its the stock update thats the problem. if u read the thread, another user posted the same problem of booting into recovery. so now what u could do is flash the other froyo which gives you root acess but it seems that one is havingproblems with data connecting. if u wish to do this let me know and ill give u a quick walk through to make sure u have the right recovery ad stuff. or u could follow step 1 again which will bring for phone back to stock 2.1 but with root and wait till these froyosare more stable.

Yeah I went back to stock 2.1. I think I'll just wait a little until either I receive the OTA or a more stable guide/post becomes available.

Upvote 0
hyndon, i wouldnt bother waiting for OTA this should be sorted out soon. and plus lets face it, stock isno fun, even if it is 2.2 lol.
since your now rooted, which u should be if u followed step and and didnt go back to complete stock, than u might wanna try this : http://forum.sdx-developers.com/transform-2-2-development/froyo-port-rom-(beta-test)/also, if you wish to get the ota update u must flash completely stock with no root. if you try to update with root and custom recovery youll have issues.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones