• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Whoops, that was a data backup, not an app backup...

YankeeDudeL

Android Expert
Oct 25, 2009
Here's the deal: I DLed Titanium Backup, but it wasn't obtaining root access. I read here that I probably need to update to a newer version of BB. After a bit of a fight, I finally managed to get BB 0.4 onto my Droid. I figured I was safe b/c I have Lookout, which also backs up data. Yeah, it backs up contacts and pix, that's it. So here I am w/ a nice, shiny new rom, and a completely wiped phone.

Now, I know my old info is still there. I know I could just recover into my last version. But then I wouldn't be on this rom. Is there any way for me to get that info on here, or do I have to do everything manual? Or could I restore the old version, and not need to do a wipe when flashing the new rom?

Man, no matter what I good I start to feel about myself w/ what I've already learned from you guys, I'm quickly reminded that I'm barely scratching the surface.

Good question - I forcibly screwed myself out of a lot of data (not that it is really worth much to me, all the important things like contacts calendar events etc are all synced) when I decided to try out the BB 2.1/0.3 ...

I thought I was deleting old Nandroid backups - took my current one right along with it lol

So, I am curious to know this answer as well.

Upvote 0
Would doing an advanced Nandroid restore and only restoring the Data partition work?

Had a very similar issue this morning. I can confirm the above worked for me... Would have liked to do titanium restore to selectively miss a few apps I no longer use, but it was failing on its restore process.
Did a nandroid restore only on data, seems to be so far so good.

Hope it helps-

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones