• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Who's using latest Redemptive?

I don't know if it's the combination of Redemptive senseless and Lou's #4 kernel or if it is just the kernel alone (I haven't tried it on other ROMS) or if it's just my combination of apps and sync, but it is the best I've ever used. I don't say that lightly either as I've used just about every ROM and kernel there is for the Inc. Trying it will be the only way you will know. Make a backup...go exploring...enjoy ;)

Reactions: EinZtein
Upvote 0
I've tried most of the Sense roms on ROMs - The Incredible List and the newest Redemptive with Chad's 12/08 incredikernel can easily get me about 36 hours of moderate use while most of the other rom/kernel setups I've tried top out at about 23-26 hours. I haven't tried this exact kernel on other roms though, I did use Chad's 11/28 on other roms, again getting probably about 28 hours of moderate use

Reactions: EinZtein
Upvote 0
A few of the mods have used a combo of Lou's Redemtive Revolotion ROM and #4 Custom kernal to high reviews. I've bee working this setup and I've been enjoying the great battery life and phone performance. I also have installed SetCPU, battery Left Pro widget, and Advance Task Manager to help with controling clocking speed and app management. So far so good after a couple weeks of use.

Upvote 0
Note: this is with a Seidio 3500ma battery, Lou's Senseless Revolution, Lou's #4 Kernel without SetCPU (which I find to be about equal to Chad's 12-08 in performance and battery life), and using the Super Power app.

snap20101220_181825-1.png
snap20101220_181834-1.png

I forgot to take a snapshot right before the battery died, I'll have to do that in a day or two from now :) But to be honest, I can't confirm that it is the ROM itself, I think its the combination of my battery and using SuperPower to kill network connections when not in use.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones