• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Why am I addicted to Plants vs Zombies?

A.Nonymous

Extreme Android User
Jun 7, 2010
I don't understand why I'm addicted. I have never understood the zombie fascination and honestly, I think it's beyond stupid. Every time I hear people mention something about zombies I roll my eyes and think how foolish it is.

I got the game from Amazon because it was free and I can't pass up anything free. I started playing it and am incredibly addicted. I've beat the entire game and I'm in the middle of playing it through a second time. I've also unlocked a ton of stuff and played the quick play modes several times. I've unlocked several achievements. I'm addicted to the stupid game and I have no idea why.

I don't know. I stopped playing it after the day it was free on amazon. Maybe you have some deep, repressed zombie hatred that your sanity tucked away and this game unleashes that.

I'm like a zombie when I play it. I played it on my Tab for an hour yesterday while I walked on the treadmill and literally didn't even realize I had been playing for an hour. I can't say that I actually have any fun when I play though. I just zone out and start planting sunflowers.

Upvote 0
I don't know. I stopped playing it after the day it was free on amazon. Maybe you have some deep, repressed zombie hatred that your sanity tucked away and this game unleashes that.

same here got it on amazon for free. played it for a couple days, mostly while i was on the bowl. cool game, gets repetitive like most games. but it was free so if i dont play no biggie

Upvote 0
It's a simple formula and it's successful as hell. I put 30 hours into the PC version and many of my friends I introduced it to also put just as many hours if not more into it.

You unlock something new at the end of every level. So you have to play just one more level to try out the new weapon and the cycle continues. The new weapon usually ties into a new zombie and a slight change to your strategy.

Just when you start to get bored they throw a completely random level at you like bowling or smashing the pots and then you change location; front Yard, day, night, backyard and roof.

It's a brilliant tower defense game with a tonne of gameplay built into it.

Upvote 0
same here got it on amazon for free. played it for a couple days, mostly while i was on the bowl. cool game, gets repetitive like most games. but it was free so if i dont play no biggie

It's not only repetitive, it's ridiculously repetitive. They change the locale, but that's it. I must admit fighting zombies in the fog was a little bit creepy. I'm totally hooked even though the basic strategy for every single level is the same - plant sunflowers first and put them in the back. Plants that shoot stuff in front of them. Venus fly traps, potato mines and other one shots at the front. Walnuts and other barricades in the front. Spike strips in front of the barricades so zombies get attacked as they're eating through the walnut. None of it is inventive yet I've found myself playing it for 2-3 hours at a time.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones