1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Why am I addicted to Plants vs Zombies?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by A.Nonymous, Jun 7, 2011.

1. A.Nonymous

A.Nonymous Android Expert
    None

Jun 7, 2010
    I don't understand why I'm addicted. I have never understood the zombie fascination and honestly, I think it's beyond stupid. Every time I hear people mention something about zombies I roll my eyes and think how foolish it is.

I got the game from Amazon because it was free and I can't pass up anything free. I started playing it and am incredibly addicted. I've beat the entire game and I'm in the middle of playing it through a second time. I've also unlocked a ton of stuff and played the quick play modes several times. I've unlocked several achievements. I'm addicted to the stupid game and I have no idea why.

Advertisement

2. jerofld

jerofld Fixing stuff is not easy
    None

May 10, 2011
    Male
    I fix stuff
    Over there <points>
    I don't know. I stopped playing it after the day it was free on amazon. Maybe you have some deep, repressed zombie hatred that your sanity tucked away and this game unleashes that.

3. A.Nonymous

None

Jun 7, 2010
    I'm like a zombie when I play it. I played it on my Tab for an hour yesterday while I walked on the treadmill and literally didn't even realize I had been playing for an hour. I can't say that I actually have any fun when I play though. I just zone out and start planting sunflowers.

4. MitchPhoenix

MitchPhoenix Newbie
    None

Mar 29, 2011
    same here got it on amazon for free. played it for a couple days, mostly while i was on the bowl. cool game, gets repetitive like most games. but it was free so if i dont play no biggie

5. rowe33

rowe33 Lurker
    None

Mar 26, 2010
    Be sure to read the descriptions on the plants/zombies when you unlock the (whatever the book's called.) Great stuff and just adds to the charm...

6. daveloft

daveloft Android Enthusiast
    None

May 26, 2010
    Toronto, Canada
    It's a simple formula and it's successful as hell. I put 30 hours into the PC version and many of my friends I introduced it to also put just as many hours if not more into it.

You unlock something new at the end of every level. So you have to play just one more level to try out the new weapon and the cycle continues. The new weapon usually ties into a new zombie and a slight change to your strategy.

Just when you start to get bored they throw a completely random level at you like bowling or smashing the pots and then you change location; front Yard, day, night, backyard and roof.

It's a brilliant tower defense game with a tonne of gameplay built into it.

7. A.Nonymous

None

Jun 7, 2010
    It's not only repetitive, it's ridiculously repetitive. They change the locale, but that's it. I must admit fighting zombies in the fog was a little bit creepy. I'm totally hooked even though the basic strategy for every single level is the same - plant sunflowers first and put them in the back. Plants that shoot stuff in front of them. Venus fly traps, potato mines and other one shots at the front. Walnuts and other barricades in the front. Spike strips in front of the barricades so zombies get attacked as they're eating through the walnut. None of it is inventive yet I've found myself playing it for 2-3 hours at a time.

8. holgalee

holgalee Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 23, 2010
    I think you've unleased your hidden green fingers. ;)

9. bishop92t

bishop92t Member
    None

Jul 27, 2010
    I enjoy the fact that there are so many plants to choose from. Each one can be very useful if you change your strategy. I'm stuck on 5-5 playing through the second time but I've gotten every achievement except that one. I'm addicted lol

10. hahaha what

hahaha what Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 12, 2010
    it says i played it for 37 hours on the pc the only reason i think why it is so addictive is because popcap found out a way to beam crack through a screen