• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Why am I prompted to install system updates all the time?

JohnJSal

Android Expert
Jun 17, 2010
I recently bought a Nexus 7 which already came with 5.0.2. I upgraded to 5.1, and then after that I was prompted to install 5.1.1, which I did.

But after 5.1.1 was installed, I still had a notification saying that 5.1.1 was downloaded and ready to install. I couldn't dismiss this so I went ahead with the installation again. I don't know if it did anything new or not, but it went through the whole upgrade process as usual.

And now I still have a notification that says "System update downloaded" with the option to install it. I've done this once already as well, and after the upgrade process, I get this same notification yet again.

Why do I keep getting this? Is it actually finding new updates to install, or am I caught in some kind of loop?

Thanks!
John

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones