• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Why are some apple users so smug?

Macs are nice devices. Well built and all that. The OS could take a little getting used to for me, and some of the stuff that are normal in Windows need to be activated (I had to delve deep into the settings for my classmate's Mac to allow her to connect to a WPA2 security. No idea why that was disabled by default on her Mac).

What I don't like about Macs is that why are they twice as expensive as a PC with the same power, and why aren't games being written for them as much as for a PC? For a real gamer, a Mac is not an option. Even to some more casual gamers. And well, I just don't like the whole difficult to repair yourself bit.

But I won't deny how well built they are.

Upvote 0
LOL. You just described and "quoted" many Android users. I am glad you used the word "some" in the thread title rather than most. Most likely do not care and their reasons are perfectly valid.

I am sure many on the Android side would love the most costly Android phone in the store but they can't afford one. So they go with the plan tat offers a nice looking free something or anther. Hells bells, they might be in the Android store because they cannot afford an iPhone.

They want the pricey one to send a message to others (like some iPhone users, to be fair) and they can absolutely NOT tell you what the processor is. They want the latest Android OS version because it is "better." They want to be able to upgrade because it is "better." They cannot tell you why or if they need to. They react to something they read that may be wrong.

I can say I bought this or that because of the brand name not knowing much about the product except the brand name. Nothing wrong with this. This is where the company reputation comes into play.

I would love a new Gullwing Mercedes. I might not know anything about the insides; all I know is I'll end up with a top notch car, a cool car and fast car, a well made car without knowing how or why pistons go up and down. All I need to know is the reputation of the builders is top notch.

Since when must you know about electronics to have an opinion about why you bought an Apple product? I can purchase Apple knowing full well it is a good product, well made and if I drop my iPad, a visit to the Apple store is all I need to (usually) get it replaced at no charge. Just walk in, tell your tale and quite often, walk away with a new one.

At least this is what is being reported by many customers. This is why people purchase Apple products, I suspect. The reputation and generally speaking, the products Apple sells are first rate. You can be a happy Apple user without knowing what is inside the magic box.

And you call yourself an Android expert, I bet you can't even name what processor is in your own phone. You probably have a iPhone anyways. I'll name my processor though, Snapdragon 835 and my phone is the LG V30 with a 3,300mAh with a dual camera and OLED screen. Learn your stuff before you hop on Android Forums. I know my shit and probably everyone else besides you on this site does too. Think before you speak

Upvote 0
And you call yourself an Android expert, I bet you can't even name what processor is in your own phone. You probably have a iPhone anyways. I'll name my processor though, Snapdragon 835 and my phone is the LG V30 with a 3,300mAh with a dual camera and OLED screen. Learn your stuff before you hop on Android Forums. I know my shit and probably everyone else besides you on this site does too. Think before you speak
Way to dredge up a 6 year old post for no reason.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones