• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Why do all weather widgets tell me its sunny at night?

magnus

Dec 8, 2009
Been using the weather widget free. Love it. However, lately its been telling me that its sunny at night when it should say clear. the moon icon is correct and still shows up.

Anyways.....so yesterday I downloaded Beautiful widgets which appear to be back in the market and it tells me that its sunny at night too?

Any idea why?

Also a question for beautiful widget owners. They said the weather animates. So far I have not seen any animations at all on the homescreen widget. Am I doing something wrong?
If there are no animations and if its going to tell me that its sunny outside.....I'm returning it.

Perhaps its my eyes....maybe it is sunny at night. :)

Have the same problem with Weather widget - donate.

A clear black night in Texas is somehow sunny.
i had just downloaded that when the problems had started. before i knew it was google i emailed the dev. and told them what the problem was. What a f*&%in joke he was. didnt help a bit. I described exactly what the problem was, i did not have any task killers installed, i had deleted and reinstalled with widget on the homescreen, where my location was, and i was not the only one having the problem. Through 3 emails his responses were
1 email. do you have any task killers installed?
answer was in original email
2nd email. what is your location
3rd email. try deleting and readding widgit

Upvote 0
i had just downloaded that when the problems had started. before i knew it was google i emailed the dev. and told them what the problem was. What a f*&%in joke he was. didnt help a bit. I described exactly what the problem was, i did not have any task killers installed, i had deleted and reinstalled with widget on the homescreen, where my location was, and i was not the only one having the problem. Through 3 emails his responses were
1 email. do you have any task killers installed?
2nd email. what is your location
3rd email. try deleting and readding widgit

Yeah, it sucks when people don't seem to read information that you already gave them in an email...but to be fair.....you were asking him stuff that he had no idea about simply because his app just pulled it off google.

When you ask the milkman for the mail....don't be surprised if he does not have it or any idea about it :)

Anyway...weather seems like it's working for me. Last night was 'clear'

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones