• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Why I Changed From Apple To Android: Xiaomi Mi A1 Global Version Review After 2 Weeks + vs iPhone 6s

Alfred_k

Jan 8, 2018
Why I Changed From Apple To Android: Xiaomi Mi A1 Global Version Review After 2 Weeks + Android vs iOS + Xiaomi Mi A1 vs Apple iPhone 6s Plus

If you were in the same place like me and didn't know if making the change from iPhone to Android, this is the place to start. This is a review of the mid-range Xiaomi Mi A1 after two weeks of heavy use and compare it to its closest Apple equal, the 6s Plus.

And please let me know what you think about both the Xiaomi Mi A1 and the Iphone 6s Plus. Which one and which OS do you find the best? Did I mention the free unlimited Google Photo storage deal that this phone has? I'm in love with it!

Why I Changed From Apple To Android: Xiaomi Mi A1 Global Version Review After 2 Weeks + Android vs iOS + Xiaomi Mi A1 vs Apple iPhone 6s Plus

If you were in the same place like me and didn't know if making the change from iPhone to Android, this is the place to start. This is a review of the mid-range Xiaomi Mi A1 after two weeks of heavy use and compare it to its closest Apple equal, the 6s Plus.

And please let me know what you think about both the Xiaomi Mi A1 and the Iphone 6s Plus. Which one and which OS do you find the best? Did I mention the free unlimited Google Photo storage deal that this phone has? I'm in love with it!

<p dir='ltr' style='margin-top:0; margin-bottom:0; text-align:center;'>https://www.youtube.com/embed/0Vh3hJpuBmQ?wmode=opaque&#8203; </p>

Free storage has nothing to do with OS
Free storage is a myth! When you view cloud file files, it takes similar space in your phone as of file size You're viewing.

Now, iOS is something you can't say anything wrong for.
Mi=China. I don't need to say much.
My 5S had not hanged on heavy usage even today. Yes! Battery died in heavy usage within 3-4 hours. Mi A1 goes 6 hours appx.

But iOS looks and feels better as an OS!
Mi copied the looks but inside, my phone freezes every now and then (it's 1 month old only).
When it's not frozen, it works pretty good though.
But you can't take it away from iOS. Everything in iOS just works.

Reactions: Alfred_k
Upvote 0
Free storage is a myth! When you view cloud file files, it takes similar space in your phone as of file size You're viewing.

My 5S had not hanged on heavy usage even today. Yes! Battery died in heavy usage within 3-4 hours. Mi A1 goes 6 hours appx.

You do know that iPhones, and all Apple products are made in China, right? Also with the A1 being an Android One device and not MIUI, which means it's pure Google on there, and NOT China....unlike your Mi 5S's MIUI "Based on Android".

Mi copied the looks but inside, my phone freezes every now and then (it's 1 month old only).
That's true about Xiaomi's MIUI which you have on a Mi 5S, but the A1 isn't running that.

iOS wouldn't work for me, the way that I wanted. and I can't be doing without ExpressVPN on my phone.

Last edited:
Reactions: Alfred_k
Upvote 0

Yes.. but i no longer have to carry around every single file or document on every device because i want to access it...... so its saves a massive amount of space for me.

If cloud storage a myth... then so is the internet!

Reactions: Alfred_k and mikedt
Upvote 0
Yes.. but i no longer have to carry around every single file or document on every device because i want to access it...... so its saves a massive amount of space for me.

If cloud storage a myth... then so is the internet!

FWIW and if I had an iPhone, from next month I would have to consider very carefully about its cloud storage and the sort of documents, photos and videos I would store there
http://www.bbc.com/news/business-42631386
It has contacted customers based in China, advising them to examine new terms and conditions.
They include a clause that both Apple and the Chinese firm will have access to all data stored on iCloud.
Apple said it had made the move to comply with the country's cloud computing regulations.

...that's yet another reason why I would never have an iOS device now.

Upvote 0

"Free storage has nothing to do with OS" - In this case, it does.

"Free storage is a myth!" - reviewing this - it may be so, but it works for me at least. Much better than only 5gs from Apple, don't you think?

"iOS is something you can't say anything wrong for" - iOS is a great os. It is more reliable and intuitive than Android, but it constrains me too much for my taste. File management and downloads are an example. And I mind you, I was an iPhone user since 2013. Android feels much more unrestrained. It gives you much more options. But every os has its pros and cons!

"Mi=China. I don't need to say much." iPhones are made in China as well.

Also the battery on the Mi A1 is INSANE at least compared to my old iPhone 5s. I HATED that phone's battery life. This one, I can survive 2 days without charging, easy!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones