• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Why Is Android Trying To Kill Text Reflow???

Just switched to S5 from Galaxy nexus, installed my favourite Dolphin, but I no longer have ability to pinch/zoom on web pages? Is this a thing with Kitkat or ????

You should be able to pinch/zoom with Dolphin. It may just be something unique to the particular webpage you were on....some websites are like that, especially those that already "optimize" their webpage to mobil devices. Try it with a few others and I think you'll see that pinch/zoom works fine. Best of all it reflows text.

Upvote 0
You should be able to pinch/zoom with Dolphin. It may just be something unique to the particular webpage you were on....some websites are like that, especially those that already "optimize" their webpage to mobil devices. Try it with a few others and I think you'll see that pinch/zoom works fine. Best of all it reflows text.

wouldn't do it at all. I found that the new phone had installed the exact same version (v10) of dolphin as on the old phone, set them up identically side by side, every setting identical.
my usual website wouldn't zoom at all. useless in portrait mode!
anyway, I updated to latest version and it is working OK now.

Upvote 0
wouldn't do it at all. I found that the new phone had installed the exact same version (v10) of dolphin as on the old phone, set them up identically side by side, every setting identical.
my usual website wouldn't zoom at all. useless in portrait mode!
anyway, I updated to latest version and it is working OK now.
BTW since I posted this I have decided to go back to Opera (the full version) as I find it's smoother and more intuitive than Dolphin. They both do reflow and both are excellent. Just a heads up. You may want to play around with Dolphin and Opera and decide which you prefer. They're both free anyway.

Upvote 0
BTW since I posted this I have decided to go back to Opera (the full version) as I find it's smoother and more intuitive than Dolphin. They both do reflow and both are excellent. Just a heads up. You may want to play around with Dolphin and Opera and decide which you prefer. They're both free anyway.

thanks. I do have opera mini installed actually.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones