• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Why is my build number only 1.1.A.0.8?

jamjar

Lurker
Aug 30, 2010
Hants
Hi.

I'm on Vodafone UK - although using a sim-free (from O2) mini-pro.

I have the latest version of SUSE installed and my phone periodically says there is an update available - and that I have to connect to a computer to get the update. In fact if I check for a s/w update on the phone via settings->about phone->s/w update it always says updated s/w is available for my phone ... but when I check via SUSE it says my phone is up to date?

Any clues as to why my build number is only 1.1.A.0.8 and the phone won't update.

BTW - I'm not referring to Android 1.6 -> 2.1. I know I have to wait for that!

Cheers.

JJ.

Others on the big X10 forum have been moaning about how slow Voda is a getting upgrades out so that might be part of it.

If a software update won't work you can sometimes force an update on to your phone by doing the repair selection in SEUS or PC COmpanion but as the servers as so busy with the other 'lesser' ;) update, my recommendation would be to leave it well enough alone. If it aint broke, dont fix it. The 2.1 update will get to you in time. Also this will wipe your phone so its a bit of a faff building it all back up again - but if you go this way make sure you back up your contacts to SD / sync them / use back up & restore to make sure you have them saved somewhere!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones