1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Why root?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by martypants, Jun 2, 2011.

1. martypants

martypants Lurker
    None

Jun 2, 2011
    I haven't found a reason yet to root my phone. What will I be able to do with a rooted phone that I couldn't before?

Can I get a few pros/cons as to why I would or wouldn't root my phone? Being all geeky and doing it for the fun of it is ok, but that doesn't last very long.

Advertisement

2. lilien98

lilien98 Member
    None

Apr 9, 2011
    1st of all, as long as you can't find a reason for yourself to root the phone, you shouldn't do it.

Personally I'm using a few apps which require root to work. Titanium Backup or Root Explorer for example. But if you don't use any of these apps, there is absolutely no reason to root your device...

3. RockyPardjo

RockyPardjo Lurker
    None

Mar 3, 2011
    The only reason I had to root my phone, was to apply the app (I forgot the name... sorry..) that took care of the lag problem of my Galaxy.

Other than that I didnt installed any apps which needs a root right :)

4. Manjar

Manjar Newbie
    None

Sep 5, 2010
    Improve battery life by installing CPU Tuner.
    Adjust the battery profile in different modes. eg during screen off / sleep the default is 'power save'. Change this to 'extreme power save' and you see an amazing change in battery life.
    THis is unless youre on your phone the whole time in which case you probably wont.
    Also getting rid of some of the stock apps which just take up space is a nice feelign as well..