• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Wierd symbols on new phone...

sk1er18

Oct 16, 2010
I received my replacement phone today (to correct the random shutdown issue). It's supposed to be a brand new phone... so i'd assume that it is at this point unless im told and can prove otherwise.

On the locked screen, in the upper right hand corner, the following symbols are there:
@@@/\oe@@

When i unlock the phone, they're also in the drop down menu to the left of the "clear" button.

Any idea what these are? :thinking:

I'm in the process of downloading a software update, so im not sure if that'll change it. But my previous phone didn't have those symbols and the software never updated (since it wouldn't connect to the AT&T server) so im not holding my breath on that.

Well... i was right and wrong...

The update DID change it. It now says "AT&T" where the symbols used to be. Which i still find odd since that's not on either of the other phones (the one im sending back or my wifes).

Think i should try restoring the phone to default settings before i get too crazy with customizing it? That won't undo my software update will it? (maybe dumb question :eek:)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones