• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Wife wants an Eris, I don't want to pay 469.00.

So today is my wife's birthday and she really wants an Eris but her line isn't due for an upgrade until August. Is there any kind of discount or method I can use to not have to pay the full retail price? I mean I understand they don't make much on the secondary line but hell I've been with Verizon for at least 2 years now and I bought an Eris for myself at 250 bucks. I would hope by now they would have made their money back on my phone.

The Eris is a GREAT phone, don't listen to those who would push you the get the "latest and greatest". Unless she is a geek of all geeks or a super-smartphone-user, the Eris will be more than enough.

Go ahead and call Verizon, I bet you they would be happy to accmodate you... they let me upgrade 5 months early.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones