1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support WiFi at Work, login and password

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by geeoff81, Oct 27, 2010.

1. geeoff81

geeoff81 Member

Nov 9, 2009
    I'm running NFX Stock ....7, but I've noticed that I can't get on WiFi at work. At home, I'm fine. The problem is that at home, all I need is the password to my router and I can connect. At work, I'm supposed to enter a username AND password. Here are the required settings:

Network Name (SSID): XXXXXX
    Network Authentication: WPA2-Enterprise
    Encryption Type: AES

When I select the network from my WiFi list, it only asks for a password. There's no opportunity for me to enter a username as well. Anyone have a suggestion of how I can modify that? The network SSID self-broadcasts, so I haven't chosen any settings for it. If I create the network myself, I can choose from WPA/WPA2 PSK or 802.1x Enterprise. Either way, it only asks for a password, never a username.

Help!!

Advertisement

2. treborcj

treborcj Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2009
    The company I used to work for had a guest wireless network. But before they could use it they had to accept an agreement and/or enter a username and password. To do this they had to go to a website and accept. Perhaps this is what is happening.

3. geeoff81

geeoff81 Member

Nov 9, 2009
    That's a good idea, however this network requires both a username and password on the laptop/phone to get onto wifi. It's required to even access the network, before you can connect. I know that people with iPhones are able to do it - they have the ability to add a username and a password when connecting via wifi. Anyone know how to get the same on android?

4. treborcj

treborcj Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2009
    When you manually add the wireless network, look at the Security drop-down box and choose "802.1x EAP". Once you choose this, you will get additional options; including the option to put in a username.

geeoff81 likes this.
  5. geeoff81

geeoff81 Member

Nov 9, 2009
    This does work... I just had to enter a password (twice) to get to those options... didn't realize that. Thanks for the help!

Tags: