• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Wifi Calling REG99 Tmobile error?

Double44

Jan 15, 2013
Yesterday I enabled Wifi Calling in Settings, and noticed an REG99 error upon it turning on. I think my phone is still calling out on the cellular network, even though i have Wifi Calling enabled.

I called Tmobile and got hold of tech support. The rep asked for information about my phones' software, and my routers firmware. Everything seemed to check out ok, he then asked me to reboot the phone within the next two hours and check the WFC service. He apparently did something on his end that allowed Wifi Calling in my account, and it would take about two hours to register. I'm still not sure what this means exactly, but he said he would follow up with me in the next few days.

Soon after i rebooted the phone, and i got an account text message from Tmobile. I turned on Wifi Calling to see if anything had changed, but i had the same REG99 error. Minutes later i rebooted a second time.

The phone has gone downhill ever since. It takes an additional minute to bootup, and for some reason my AccuWeather app crashes after unlocking the lockscreen.. the app will not open anymore. The battery also seems to be taking a hit. Rebooting again gives the same problems. I have no idea what i just did.

My phone is a Note 3 on stock Lollipop, it was factory reset just last week.

Last edited:

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones