• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help WiFi connection issues

prcGTI

Lurker
Apr 20, 2010
I'm having issues with my Incredible maintaining Wi-Fi "on" and connecting to a Wi-Fi network. If I turn on Wi-Fi (Settings > Wireless & networks > Wi-Fi) or using Curvefish it will only stay on for about 10 seconds and I get the Unable to scan for networks message pop-up about 3 or 4 times and then Wi-Fi shuts off.

I tried manually adding my Wi-Fi network and it won't save so I can test that either. I also already tried a battery pull reset to see if that fixed the problem....nope, still have the issue. Any ideas?

Issue Resolved using Factory reset:

Went to the VZW store yesterday and the CSR that helped me did a factory reset which resolved the WiFi issue, it was not HW related. The CSR said that he figured the WiFi issue happend due to one of the apps I installed which resulted in some sort of SW conflict causing the problem.

So if anyone else runs across this issue do a Factoy Reset (pg 201 of the Incredible User Guide). Yes, this will erase all of your settings, installed apps, etc. but it enabled my WiFi and solved my problem.

Perform a Factory Reset using phone settings:

The most convenient way to do a factory reset is via the phone settings.
Press HOME > MENU, then tap Settings.
Scroll down the screen, and then tap Privacy > Factory data reset.
On the Factory data reset screen, tap Reset phone, and then tap Erase everything.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones