• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help WiFi Error ... Need to remove Battery

Hi, I searched the forum for a similar problem but have not found and answer yet.

First off , I would like to say that I don't have a data plan as I don't need it, I only rely on wifi to get data.

At first I think the wifi was working great. But after I upgraded to gingerbread my wifi will stop working after maybe 2 minutes. If the phone is not sleeping I can go to wireless settings only to find that under WiFi it says : error. I cannot turn it on again. If I press the power button my screen becomes black and won't turn back on until I remove my battery and start the phone back again.

This is very annoying. Does anybody knows what I could do to fix the problem ? I tried using Fix my Wifi app and did a reset to factory settings.

See the threads on "black screen" or "screen issues".

Your options:
1. live with it and hope that LG fixes it
2. if under warranty, exchange the phone and do not update to 2.3.3 until LG fixes it
3. Try rooting and joining that root group who are trying to fix the problem(s).

I have opted for option 2.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones