• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help WiFi suddenly turned to shit

killyou420

Jul 10, 2011
My wifi downloads at around 7 Mbps on average from my room (speedtest.net is my benchmark), just a few minutes ago my download speed dropped DRASTICALLY down from 7Mbps to 100-300 Kbps, whats odd is my upload is still its average at 2Mbps. It docent seem to be my router cause all my computers are running full speed.

Anyone have any ideas?

i had one room that just sucked as far as wifi reception. i used a wifi analyzer app to find that other routers were interferring with my reception. it seems it only affected cellphones as my other housemates had the same issue in that particular room. so not sure if this is your issue as well.

as part of the troubleshooting goes have you tried to turn off your router and modem wait 30 sec then turn them on. if you have not tried already that seems to help sometimes.

Upvote 0
Tried the analyzer and im not running into too much interference, my channel spectrum seems to be +-4 of 8 which are the least populated channels. What sucks is i cant even get netflix to load it just spits out non stop network errors. If someone was streaming on my network my computers tests would also be effected, its only my cell that has the reduced download speed. Im guessing the WIFI receiver in the phone shit out on me. Making my second trip to a sprint store tomorrow within the first week of owning this phone, SERIOUSLY regret getting this phone since its been nothing but problems since day one. I got a free airrave for the reception being total shit at my house, but they better give me a handjob and pancakes to make up for me not being able to use my own ****ing wifi in my own house. Hopefully the chuckle head im forced to deal with (honestly do they even try to learn the phones they sell?) will just give me a replacement phone cause this is unacceptable. Good thing im not bound to the contract yet, gives me extra leverage

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones