• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Wifi tethering problem :/

iLuuKee

Lurker
Aug 31, 2011
hello guys,

ive just joined and it seems to be a great forum and alot of helpful guys..... My problem is that i rooted my samsung galaxy portal yesterday and i succesfully did it . but the only reason i want to root my phone is that i can wifi tether, i am going on a long train ride to leeds on friday moring and would be able to connect my ipad 2 , to the teher. My ipad sees the connnection and connects but the phone doesent say its connected? the iternet doesent work on my ipad or anything. on the wifi settings it comes up with the ip and the subnet mask but thats it....should it say all the router dns sear domains and client is information? am realy stuck on this one and have been trying to do it for hours . thanks in advance Luke

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones