• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Wifi toggle its getting stuck!!!

Krlypumaa

Android Expert
Jan 8, 2012
Tampa, FL.
www.gofundme.com
I.... like everyone else some times need help too...
When i turn on wifi its stay stuck trying to start...
I knw that by factory reset i can get rid off it, but dont want to do that.
I do have a backup of 5.1.1with some tweaks.. but do not have for 5.0.2 stock...lost it in one of my swaps... Anyways. What ya recommend... And yes it was me messing around with FMradio stuff. Sorry

Make sure that you have /system/lib/modules/wlan.ko and that it is linked to /system/lib/modules/pronto/pronto_wlan.ko

When I built my kernel for this phone I had the same issue your having till I fixed it in the source code.
Fixed thank you so much...i had both missing.. But now fm sound lost.. I was able to have some sound n scanning.... Anyways... Tell me that was a moth slip .. are you working on a kernel? Or

Reactions: GameTheory
Upvote 0
Fixed thank you so much...i had both missing.. But now fm sound lost.. I was able to have some sound n scanning.... Anyways... Tell me that was a moth slip .. are you working on a kernel? Or

Nice glad you got it. Strange that your fm mod is removing the wifi module.

Yeah made the kernel a while ago. Got as far as getting everything working and adding a couple things. Haven't worked on it since. Haven't had time since I'm in the middle of home renovation. Hoping to get back to it soon to add a few more things then post it.

hidden menu...
attachment.png

Reactions: 209pcs
Upvote 0
Nice glad you got it. Strange that your fm mod is removing the wifi module.

Yeah made the kernel a while ago. Got as far as getting everything working and adding a couple things. Haven't worked on it since. Haven't had time since I'm in the middle of home renovation. Hoping to get back to it soon to add a few more things then post it.

hidden menu...
View attachment 91621
You are something else.... Your cooking Salsa... Good to knw .... TakUrTim...
FM Mod... Dont knw every time I. Close frameworks. To push scrip either brakes modules or they disappear... I dont touch kernel at all just rewrite FM.framworks anyways...im not too good @ it... I have too much in my plate too... I hav2 drop f6 support PMs like crazy n don't want to leave them hanging... Plus like 12 Media Projects on the other side... Well let see... Im patience like you... So :cool:

Reactions: GameTheory
Upvote 0
hey guys,

I have this issue with a google nexus 7 2013. wifi is very patchy, does not realyl work. It sometimes connects but other times it's just stuck with "turning wifi on". i've tried loads of roms and always the same.

GameTheory : do you think this fix may also work for a N7 2013 ? I didnt really understand what u meant in ur instructions tho, I'm a noob with these android devices.

Do you maybe have some advice for me ? I hope so ! !

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones