1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Wifi won't turn off, battery drain

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mshelbym, Feb 2, 2016.

1. mshelbym

mshelbym Lurker

I have an AT&T Samsung S6 Edge Plus. My wifi will not stay off. I have disabled "always scanning" and connect to AT&T hotspot and turned wifi off. I've tried just about everything. The issue is that I drive A LOT in my job, so when I'm driving, my phone is constantly scanning and connecting and disconnecting to different wifi and it drains my battery. For instance, we were driving from New Orleans to Texas and even though I kept turning the wifi off, it kept turning back on by itself and connecting to all different wifi, the result is that even when the screen was off and not being used, it was draining about 1% battery every minute.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. tube517

tube517 Android Expert

Do you have that AT&T Smart Wi-Fi app turned off? You may be able to disable it in your app settings. It's an annoying app

3. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

What is "connect to AT&T hotspot"? It's not clear if you have turned that on or off, but if it's on then it sounds like wifi to me?

Samsung Galaxy S6 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S6 release date was April 2015. Features and Specs include a 5.1" inch screen, 16MP camera, 3GB RAM, Exynos 7420 Octa processor, and 2550mAh battery.

April 2015
Release Date
Reviews