• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Wildfire S - Low Memory (excessive System Data)

If you can root your phone and install a custom rom you can get lots of free space.
Currently I'm running cm 9 on my wildfire s. I have 2 gb of internal storage. Its pretty easy to get this. You need a rooted device with a 8gb or more sd card. The sd card should also be a class 6 or higher. if you use a low class sd card your phone will lag like hell.

Create a partition(this is the new internal memory) on your sd card which is a ext filesystem.[I created a 2 gb partition]. Then go to the recovery and flash the data2sd script. Finally reboot.

There you go 2 gb of internal space!
Here's the link: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1490607
thanks this really sets a relief about the memory problem

Upvote 0
Hello everyone...
I tried this technique on my A510E as it has now run out of storage after being rooted and having APPS2SD run a few months ago.
However, the directory: /data/data/com.android.htcprofile does not seem to exist on my phone, and the "find" and "locate" commands do not run in ADB shell.
Could the history file be hiding somewhere else?
Can anyone suggest anything else, or should I just forge on and install a custom ROM?
Thanks - Mike

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones