• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Will all my purchased apps/etc transfer to an X when I get it?

bushor

Apr 10, 2010
Hey guys... I'm buying the X and have just a quick question. I currently have the droid and have had to do a factory reset several times for trying out different programs and unfortunately been stuck on a force closure loop. When I did the factory reset google had all of my purchased apps saved, I had to re-download them all of course. I'm pretty sure that it would transfer over to a new phone but that is only an assumption, I was hoping one of you guys with waaaaaaay more tech and computer smarts would be able to confirm this for me. Thanks for your time!!

Hey guys... I'm buying the X and have just a quick question. I currently have the droid and have had to do a factory reset several times for trying out different programs and unfortunately been stuck on a force closure loop. When I did the factory reset google had all of my purchased apps saved, I had to re-download them all of course. I'm pretty sure that it would transfer over to a new phone but that is only an assumption, I was hoping one of you guys with waaaaaaay more tech and computer smarts would be able to confirm this for me. Thanks for your time!!

Don't worry about it. You'll be fine. Google automatically backs up all the apps you downloaded so when you switch phones and enter your account info, all of your apps will be in the market under downloads. You would only need to reinstall them

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones