• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help will ics fix this lag? seriously considering going back to s2

Haha. Everyone keeps asking that. I heard through the grapevine that they we're able to give a discount of up to 60% off the msrp, but you still had to sign a contract. I thought that was kind of pointless for most phones, but for the note, it worked out to be less than the on contract price so I figured I'd ask. One store said it wasn't possible....another said yes, but you need a special type of account(not sure what kind)...another said yes, but if the on contract price is more, you have to pay that plus an upgrade fee. The last store I hit, I struck gold. The guy said I could do that on all the phones accept for the fruity phone. He also said only certain types of accounts get the deal and it would be a no contract or no upgrade deal, which meant no upgrade fee either. He checked my account, I qualified, and I was done(I think he just hooked me up). I was in shock when I walked out. I'm still not sure if he screwed up, but I'll take it. I was seriously expecting a call from him at some point to tell me they had to upgrade me for another 2 years.....it never happened. So now I'm sitting on a Note with 2 upgrades for both of my lines. :D

Can you post a receipt please! I would like to get a note. =)

Upvote 0
Here ya go. Not sure if it would help any due to the fact that every store has a different policy. Btw, it was $260...my bad...off by 10 bucks.

6cedbef6-e627-ab81.jpg

Upvote 0
It was like a 3 or so day deal that someone posted on here that led you to the AT&T site and applied a 50% discount. I wasn't going to buy them yet but when I saw that I dove right in. This site has its advantages :)

This is what I did too and wound up getting ATT to credit my account $150 so I got the Note for $150.

-Ryan

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones