• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

will the G2 have UMA type capabilities???

Heat00

Lurker
Sep 23, 2010
my tmobile service barley works in the house, not to mention when travelling; what an important feature UMA is on my bb9700. Today I saw an app that's called smart wifi, allowing calling over wifi, not only data, just the same as UMA. I believe from Kineto.
anyone know if this will work? As good? The same?
This phone is not an option unless I can get calling over wifi or it just doesn't work in the house, unacceptable.

I still can't believe UMA is not built into any android phones. it's the only reason I stay with Tmo... well the main reason...

yes, now that I read closely, it says this will not be an app that can be downloaded....
weak.....
they are missing the boat with this.... many people like myself, will not switch from Blackberry just because of this feature... it not only helps at home, but when travelling, only a wifi connection is needed and full voice and data are available to you..

I can't imagine why android phones (at least with Tmo), do not have UMA support...

this is unbelievable...

it actually helps the carrier as well as the customer, relieves their network some, and keeps the customer happy with full signal when they might not get coverage and think of leaving for better service, where they need there phone the most.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones