• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Will the iphone kill Android?

No mms? Hell my sanyo katana dlx flip phone ran circles around the first iphone. It had apps, 3g sppeeds, mms, everything the iphone didn't! Sad. Also other pda's, winmo, symbian blackberry, the iphone did nothing, and does nothing they can't do, but the otherplatforms can do things iphone can't do. Who's playing catch up? .

I know about 15 people with Iphones in the the midwest. They have to try to send a picture message about 10 times before it goes out. Thats sad.

I sent my buddy a picture message, he has yet to receive it. I understand this may be a problem with ATT's network or it may not but that alone would turn me away.

Upvote 0
I know about 15 people with Iphones in the the midwest. They have to try to send a picture message about 10 times before it goes out. Thats sad.

I sent my buddy a picture message, he has yet to receive it. I understand this may be a problem with ATT's network or it may not but that alone would turn me away.

Exactly, It's apples fault they chose such ashotty network to go with, and they are burying themselves with choosing ATT again with ipad.

Upvote 0
Exactly, It's apples fault they chose such ashotty network to go with, and they are burying themselves with choosing ATT again with ipad.

Hey, that must be why the iPhone was such an amazing sales flop, and when the market share of the rest of their product line has plummeted so badly the last couple of years. Their disastrous decisions are burying them.

Oh, wait ...
:rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Hey, I want to say upfront how much I appreciate Apple setting the bar as high as they have. You have to admit they did take the mobile phone to a whole new level and for that I am thankful.

Apple has a philosophy that is all about controlling the user experience. They avoid trouble by putting strict controls on everything. If you can control the environment you can, in theory, control the experience. This is what you get with Apple and it is one solution, one take on how to build an environment.

Can't tell you how much I hate DRM and being controlled! You have to look down the road a bit and see where it is going. In general most people want a good experience, but they do not want to be controlled. To be honest all environments need some level of control or you would have chaos, but Apple goes well beyond the norm.

Google on the other hand gives a much more open environment which allows more creativity and more freedom to explore the experience, but there are risks and some, such as myself, prefer the openness of the Google experience risks and all.

Steve Jobs sees the potential in Android and is concerned for good reason. He realizes that Google knows how to create software and they have done a great job in just the first year or so. Version 3.0, 4.0, etc. are only going to get better. Google is large enough and strong enough to ride the fluctuations that will come with breaking into this market and will survive no problem. Apple has a real challenge on their hands and they know it. This is good for Android and Apple users alike and I could not be happier.

We will benefit regardless of the platform we use and that is good for everyone :)

So choose your Cool Aid and enjoy it. Think about what both of these platforms may look like in 20 years. Enthusiasts only drive the market and so I enjoy the Apple 'enthusiasts' comments. I don't take them personally, after all they can't help what they do, their in a controlled environment :)

Upvote 0
Exactly. Competition is good. When competition is high, we as consumers reap the benefit. People screaming for one platform to monopolize and dominate over all others are idiots.

I'm personally looking forward to what Nokia will do this year with Maemo and Symbian^3 and what Microsoft'll do with WinMo 7 too for that matter. More options are always, always better.

Upvote 0
People, whats the best apple could do? Add a 1ghz snapdragon processor? OH WAIT. Then no one would buy the Ipad. ( Someone else's idea. I just wanted to include it in this thread.) Face it no one thinks Apple is going anywhere at the moment. No one knows about the future. I completely agree that the Android Market is horrible compared to Apple's App Store. I have also heard that Google takes 30% of all profits made by developers. ( RUMOUR)

Upvote 0
apple takes 30% of the sale on the itunes market as well. and dont forget, google whipped up our current market in a hurry. the itunes store has been around, refined many times over, and has been established. so i feel google really did a bang up job on thier market so far. still needs work, but itll get done.

Upvote 0
People, whats the best apple could do? Add a 1ghz snapdragon processor? OH WAIT. Then no one would buy the Ipad. ( Someone else's idea. I just wanted to include it in this thread.)

Now that you mention it, I didn't think of that. I figure a 1GHz processor in their next phone would be, at the very least, the least of it--but whoever pointed this out may be onto something. If the 4th-gen iPhone and the iPad have the same hardware powering them inside, then the appeal of the pad (hurr) would be considerable less.

My experience with the market's been good, too. I came from Nokia's Ovi Store, mind you, which is the real definition of terrible.

Upvote 0
The market place may not be as icandy as apple but alot more apps are free and do what they're suppose to. and iphone will never kill android,android is just getting started and will provide good competition for the iphone.many wont admit it but the nexus has it beat and google is just teasing us,iphone is boring the UI look dull and old.

Upvote 0
So far there has only been speculation and claimed leaks like the new iphone's ability to be used as a webcam, respond to finger gestures like the new mac pros and such. Have to wait till its announced.

And im sure that video chat will run REAL smooth on ATT's amazing data network they have.

i personally would never use video chat on the phone, especially if its on the other side of the phone

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones