• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Will you ROOT your Xoom?

To Root or Not To Root?

• Keepin' it stock... :)

Votes: 12 25.0%
  • Yes I will root, are you kiddin'? :cool:

Votes: 31 64.6%
  • What's a yute? :p

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seriously considering rooting...not sure

Votes: 5 10.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yeah, actually I had this same question earlier when thinking of rooting. Will I be able to return it to stock easily? Is there a way to back up the system?

I think it will be very similar to the Droid X, they currently have a one click root/unroot app called z4root. It roots the current Android version on the device (2.2.1), you just install the app press root and poof rooted. Android 3.0 may very well be a whole new beast though.

Upvote 0
Think I am keeping mine stock when it hits Denmark sometime in Q2. The only immediate thing I have seen rooting useful for in earlier devices was tehtering. But as that is a built in feature these days, I am not really sure why I should.

I haven't rooted my X10 either, but who knows. Might just be the Xoom that changes my look on rooting.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones