• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

windows problem...

Yeah I have seem to replaced my p.w. at somewhere on a sticky note, although I just did updated my outlook password thinking I logged in with that, but apparently it is out of the question, so my problem is how can I get out of it? I already did a msconfig when I could see the desktop and disabled most of the programs that automatically took place instead of finding the problem though, so I am just wondering how too get out of "Forgot your password and do not see your account?" This list is only shows adminstrator's that have prviously signed into this p.c. and does not inlude standered users or domain accounts. Need to be signed in as an admin" in the BSOD...

In windows ten this does occur, very first time ever.

Stuck in loop when asked to set up account pin

1. I log into my new laptop using my microsoft account password
2. After a few moments, a screen appears that suggests that I create a PIN
3. If I click the NEXT button, a message appears that a PIN cannot be created at this time
4. If I click RETRY, a message appears that a PIN cannot be created at this time.
5. If I click Skip at this time, I'm taken back to the log in screen and asked for my password.

How do I get out of this loop? It started after updates were installed when a restarted the computer.

Go Settings, Accounts, Sign-in options. There you can pick Windows Hello PIN.
See here how to reset the PIN in Windows 10 when it will not work from Settings > Accounts > Sign In Options:

Open Windows File Explorer using the file folder icon on your task bar.
Tick the box in File Explorer View tab to Show Hidden Files.

Browse to C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Ngc
Delete or rename to Ngc.old this folder to reset the PIN.

**You may need to first take ownership of the folder: https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3841-add-ta...

Once you delete or rename the folder it will recreate it so you can add a PIN normally in Windows Settings > Accounts > Sign-In Options. You may need to restart the PC first.

For any unexpected problems see the full illustrated tutorial covering all possible problems here:

That is weird looking, the above are two links for info and instead of showing the links it shows the redirect tag ...

Huuummmmm

Upvote 0
I have no windows access or dos without entering my password by the way...A few days ago, I had access until they said "Head over to msconfig to do a start up check to see make sure there is nothing buggy about start up.." I accidently clicked on everything on the check box, and just suddenly now, I am locked out without an admin account on it, just in this endless cycle, I can boot up to the ASUS screen, but is like telling me to enter a freezer in the middle of a winter storm...

Upvote 0
Selecting SATA PM: WDC WD50000AADS-00S9B (4769398MB) will boot your computer from the hard drive

Selecting SATA SM: HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH24 will boot your device from your DVD player

If you go to Amazon you can get a Linux DVD. Then you would select your DVD to boot and install Linux

Or if you find your Windows DVD, select the DVD to boot your computer to reinstall Windows

Or you can go here and buy a new Windows 11 DVD
https://www.newegg.com/microsoft-windows-11-home/p/N82E16832350881?Item=N82E16832350881

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Selecting SATA PM: WDC WD50000AADS-00S9B (4769398MB) will boot your computer from the hard drive

Selecting SATA SM: HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH24 will boot your device from your DVD player

If you go to Amazon you can get a Linux DVD. Then you would select your DVD to boot and install Linux

Or if you find your Windows DVD, select the DVD to boot your computer to reinstall Windows

Or you can go here and buy a new Windows 11 DVD
https://www.newegg.com/microsoft-windows-11-home/p/N82E16832350881?Item=N82E16832350881
Thanks man.. I can at least boot it up and go into my ASUS Bios, and about everything else too, to the windows and hold shift, et all..

Reactions: AugieTN
Upvote 0
Still problems consist with the IE keeps blocking off all internet access, also I accidently misplace my logitech usb plug for my comp, and I thought all usb plugs where the same, but nope, I tried three different mice, and they cannot read the desktop, even though the drive is perfectly saids "Ah you can play with this.." So maybe a safe scan on it by three pressing the windows, see what is up, I only downloaded firefox and microsoft edge.. (Oh lady bug on a snowflake,, I forgot that edge really made my comp having the desktop slow...)

Upvote 0
Chit happens ! We had a storm the other night and it shut down our power. I now have a complete drive that is locked into read only and I can not make it go back to read/write privileges ! I have been trying fixes for several days now and no joy !

Also my Thunderbird email client is fubarred, it looks like I will have to uninstall all of it and do a clean install to fix it ...

Sigh ...

Upvote 0
Man I'm sorry for your misery. I run three ups in my office. Everything in my office except the ceiling light and fan are on the ups. I lost two printers to spikes years ago and enough was enough. I don't know that they have saved me from spikes since I put them online but they do give me the chance to gracefully exit and shut down all of my electronics.

Reactions: Milo Williamson
Upvote 0
All our electronics are on UPS. Like @olbriar I have three UPS just in the office. Another one on our entertainment center. Another in the bedroom for my ventilator and other electronics. Most power spikes and surges originate INSIDE the house or building, not from the power lines. We have surge protectors on the stove, fridge, washer and dryer as well: just to minimize the risk of a spike going back to the breaker panel... and that's with a whole-house surge protector on the breaker panel! Especially with all our data residing on a NAS here at the house, I'm not taking any chances (in fact, I have a 16 TB drive enclosure connected to the NAS for regular backup).

Upvote 0
1706672729272.png

After doing a quick slmgr command... hmmm....

Upvote 0
I have fresh install of Thunderbird and my email is working like it should be. Also did fresh install of Firefox and it is running fine.

Forgot to export my email address book and lost all of my email contacts ....

Oh and got the drive issue straightened out, life is good in Tropical Paradise once again.
Follow up, I installed Windows home about a month ago hahaha.

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones