• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Wireless charging work while in sleep mode?

JPoker

Nov 26, 2015
both my wife and I have the droid 2 and have the wireless chargers that we put the phones on at night. We noticed that in the morning our charge is at about 50%. Both phones go into sleep mode at night between 9 and 6 am. Do they NOT charge when in sleep mode ?

I have sleep mode enabled on my T2, from 11pm to 5am each day. I am using the Tylt Vu Qi charger, purchased a year and a half ago that I used with my T1. My T2 is always charged at 100% when I take it off of the charger in the morning. Not sure what to tell you. What wireless chargers are you using. Maybe someone else will be able to chime in to help you.

Upvote 0
I have sleep mode enabled on my T2, from 11pm to 5am each day. I am using the Tylt Vu Qi charger, purchased a year and a half ago that I used with my T1. My T2 is always charged at 100% when I take it off of the charger in the morning. Not sure what to tell you. What wireless chargers are you using. Maybe someone else will be able to chime in to help you.
I am using the same charger ad you are. The Tylt vu qi.

Upvote 0
Yes.

I never use night mode but do have the seam phone and charger.

Another person here reported no problem with the same phone and charger and night mode.

What happens if you don't use night mode?

... Thom
Well AC power does not simply the disconnect. Does not happen. You either lose power , breaker trips or the power is constant. I am going to try something tonight. I am going to make note of the battery level before it goes into sleep mode. Sometime it goes into sleep mode BEFORE it goes on the charger. I a going to try 3 different scenarios. No sleep mode, sleep mode before putting on charger, and sleep mode after it is on the charger. Who knows it could be just a rare occurrence.

Upvote 0
I haven't used my Tylt Vü for a while, but doesn't it have a green LED at the base, below the lip that holds your phone, while it is charging the phone? If I'm remembering that correctly, is the led on when you place the phones on the charger? And is it on when you take the phone off the charger?

Upvote 0
Well the last two nights I have made note of the charge on the phone, AND made sure the phone is centered on the charger. And it has worked each night. I also have a otter box case on it which I think makes placement even more critical. I am thinking that the phone was out of alignment. Also on the phone, if I don't see the charging 'ring' come up on the phone, chances are the phone and charger are not aligned.

Upvote 0
And it has worked each night. I also have a otter box case on it which I think makes placement even more critical. I am thinking that the phone was out of alignment. Also on the phone, if I don't see the charging 'ring' come up on the phone, chances are the phone and charger are not aligned.

The Tylt Vu has an indicator light ...
Off - no device coil connected for charging or no power to charging stand or the phone is at 100% and not charging
Green - device coils are connected for charging and it is charging
Red - error - remove device and place it on the charging stand again​

The display on the Turbo 2 ...
Will appear when you place it on the charger if the battery is at 96% or less
If it is at 97% or higher it will not appear​

... Thom

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I also have a otter box case on it which I think makes placement even more critical.
Funny, I was going to ask about a case but it slipped my mind.

One thing I noticed with my Droid Maxx and the Tylt is that occasionally it would keep flipping the charge off and on when I placed the phone on the charger some of the time. Usually lifting off and then placing it down again would resolve that. Also charging in landscape seemed to reduce the number of times that happened.

Good luck, I hope it keeps working well for you.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones