• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

OK... A few questions... I have a new Note 3. I am considering the wireless charging approach.

The wireless charger listed here (below) allows for charging the 10000mAh backup battery while also giving the option to charge the Note 3 at the same time? Is that correct?

Qi Wireless Charger Pad for Samsung Galaxy S3 NOTE2 S4 Receiver 10000mAh Battery | eBay

Now... second. Can you charge BOTH... a Note 3 AND the 10000mAh Qi Charger Pad (as shown) SIMULTANEOUSLY on a TYLT VU charger?

Yes. That is the same charger i had posted earlier. I have it in my office, connected to a 20kmah charger with an on / off switch and it works beautifully. So the 20kmah backup battery charges the 10kmah qi charger. You can also charge other devices, as long as you have a USB connector for the device.

Upvote 0
Can someone with the wireless charging back plate answer me this: Does it make the phone thicker?

Can't tell; might be very slightly thicker. I needed to replace my phone back and the wireless back was very cheap. The Samsung Qi charger is about mid rage price. The phone is slightly smaller then the pad so laying the phone down works every time.
I prefer the wireless at home since I know where the phone went. Speed might be slower but not by much.

Upvote 0
Can't tell; might be very slightly thicker. I needed to replace my phone back and the wireless back was very cheap. The Samsung Qi charger is about mid rage price. The phone is slightly smaller then the pad so laying the phone down works every time.
I prefer the wireless at home since I know where the phone went. Speed might be slower but not by much.

Ever so slightly, yes. I have the OEM Samsung one and it adds about 0.6mm to the overall thickness. Noticeable, but my phone still fits it's already snug Noreve case.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones